Blow

mcmullanbrush

Ex Member
Reaction score
Saw this film last night. I bought it because it was reduced to 6.49 and I misunderstood what the title meant:blush:

Not great but better than average, the stand out moment was near the end, when he couldn't keep his promise to his daughter. It was one of the most heart breaking moments I have ever seen in a film. Were I not a tough Yorkshireman I might have been reduced to a blubbering wreck.

Originally posted by mcmullanbrush
Yes,

it had Drugs, Tits and Sex.

how do i access that special feature!? ;)

I thought the film was great and i thought you could relly warm to the characters. The end was really well done, though perhaps its the wrong impression to be left with, feeling sorrow toward a drug lord!

ad

Hi,

I have to agree with buns, Blow is excellent, and I would class it much higher than saying its better than your average film. Theres a lot of average stuff around, this high class stuff. Great characters, never a dull moment.

Saw 'Made' tonight, really funny crime caper from the makers of Swingers, you must see this just for Vince Vaughn's character.

ta

rai

Blow has it's moments.......namely Jonny Depp's changing haircuts as he ages. They're almost on a par with Big Ern's in Kingpin :D.

A good enough film and watching the feature where Johnathan Demme is interviewing the real George Jung is made all the more poignent in the light of the director's recent death.

The film is pretty good. It's almost more of a story about choosing friends wisely than drug dealing. Oh and a wife that isn't a money grabbing nut job - could've slapped Cruz, but then she would've put on the lingerie and all would be forgiven. Though the mother could've sufficed as the whoopass candidate. Depp is on form and certainly elicits the sympathy factor, but as buns noted, any sane person is going to stop and recall his character saying that he supplied the vast majority of class A drugs to Cali'. The amount of people who suffered must've been huge at his trade.
The ending is surreal and heart rendering but not just for him, also his daughter who had a drug dealer for a father and a poor mother.
One other thing that struck me was on the basis of how he looked in reality, I doubt Cruz was a fair representation unless the real one was a cocaine eyed money grabbing psycho-hoze-beast and so what the hell, Cruz;).
Blow is certainly easier to follow than Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Sorry but I think the film was pants, I just kept waiting for something to happen. Not apatch on the Goodfellas.

Originally posted by simon69
Sorry but I think the film was pants, I just kept waiting for something to happen. Not apatch on the Goodfellas.

thats an unfair comparison seeing goodfellas was a very good film (well i liked it). Is goodfellas not fictional too?

ad

Originally posted by buns
thats an unfair comparison seeing goodfellas was a very good film (well i liked it). Is goodfellas not fictional too?

ad

Goodfellas was supposedly based on truish events I believe. The comparison is interesting though as I felt that Blow had a similar style to Goodfellas but was nowhere near as good.

Originally posted by mcmullanbrush
Goodfellas was supposedly based on truish events I believe. The comparison is interesting though as I felt that Blow had a similar style to Goodfellas but was nowhere near as good.

ok, so im wrong again! I really ddnt feel the two could be compared though. Goodfellas was however a much more entertaining film. I hate sad endings.

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom