BLOPS 2 Moaning Thread

Wahreo said:
I'll party up with you Addy, I like small parties too!

I'm on Zombies tonight, once the d/load is complete!!

Nice one. Double team in the house yo. Lol

I nearly bought this today and then I remembered Blops and put it back on the shelf !

Xbox 360 version was dropping errors last night something awful.

Most common one that seemed to pop up with the people I was playing with went something like:

"The server connection times out, this could be due to "somethingorother", or the join session failed."

Then you would suddenly just get either kicked out the game, or kicked out the game and party.

Can't remember exactly what it was, but texting a mate who was playing on PS3, he was getting dropped a lot too.

And the amount of times that you would play, get to the end of the game, and on the final killcam, it would appear they dashboarded, as you would get kicked again...****ing morons..:suicide::mad:

So it's not a case of the 'grass being greener' on the other side then

Is the Xbox getting hard freezes though?

I've seen six of them in an hour and a half on slim and phat consoles.

Have you uninstalled 1.02 and textures then reinstalled and rebooted?

I've had a couple, a few mates have had a couple, been too busy to read the xbox 360 FPS forums, but have also had the the unresponsive console when someone quits or some other weird crap, you can hear the dash noise, but nothing happens, then the console sort of hangs.

Quit last night to play Zombies, couldn't get my mate into the game, at all, as it kept telling us he was in a party, then when you finally get together, you get the Treyarch logo spinning telling you the online server isn't responding.

Same errors and issues as all the COD's before it, like the late night "searching for available session" bug, that seems to have you wait forever while it looks for a game, or the one where you are in a lobby, seach for a game, and it just says "needs more players, searching"..

i'm enjoying the game at the moment, sounds are a bit weak in places but generally quite good, moans would be -
1) Hard freezes - had 4 on launch day, installed the textures last night before playing an not had any (fingers are crossed)
2) Hit detection (ropey, cant gurantee same number of hits to drop someone, full clip sometimes, usual launch problems)
3) Network, last night was pretty awful after 8pm, not my BB as it's pretty good. loads of games were 'trying to balance' and never actually launched then about 9ish i got put in to custom games when trying to join tdm. when i did get to join tdm none of my class set-ups were aviailable! this went on for a while until i went in to a game where to start with i had no class set-ups and as waitied 20 seconds before picking one suddenly my class set-ups appeared! annoying thing was while i played through 2 or 3 of these glitched games i got no xp for my own set-ups:mad:

Once the networks sorted (same old as every release) then it should be good, **** myself first time a train went flying past on that station level!!:eek:

RottenFox - Please do not post Off Topic posts. This is the PS3 section. Any more and I will be forced to infract. Thanks :lesson:

:rotfl: :hiya: :smashin:

BTW check your messages!

All the chatter on the 360 moaning thread seems to relate to fastest connection wins. I got one game on the PS3 last night then it wouldnt let me join any game mode, just continual errors

Host is very very good.

I can't help but think they borrowed MW2 to make this game. Even the spawn system seem identical.

Wahreo said:
Host is very very good.

I can't help but think they borrowed MW2 to make this game. Even the spawn system seem identical.

Lol. I swear i heard this somewhere before

From the call of duty forum.

We are chasing an issue with Sony right now. It's not just Black Ops 2 users who get dropped, we are seeing it across all PSN titles that Activision supports.

At one point, we dropped 100,000 users. I was one of them.

I'm not saying it's not happening to you. I'm sure it's happening to you. My point is that we are not down.

367,210 people are online right now (PS3 MP).

For those who still can't connect on PS3, you are not forgotten. I'd like you to be part of the people making that number go up.

That was due to him fobbing the community off by saying this at first

Vahn wrote:
"Game Servers are Unavailable."
You'll get this message if you can't connect to us. Over the last 24 hours, we've had (2) different issues with the login / authentication servers.

Both are resolved.

In some cases, if you see this message, it doesn't mean the servers are down. It means you can't connect to us. Check your Friends list, or Recent Players. If people are playing, but you are not, it's been 1 of 2 things (so far):

1. Connection issue between you and us. Often temporary.

2. A problem with the login/authentication servers.

I frequently look at this URL, which gives me a basic snap shot of the state of the Internet. Although clearly this doesn't represent your local ISP, it does a reasonable at perdicting backbone trouble.

Internet Health Report

As of 11/14/2012 at 10:51AM PST we are up and running. I've just logged several games. If you can't connect, it's not because we are are offline.

Vahn

:facepalm:

Has anybody noticed any host lag comp issues like in MW3?

I've been host a few times and it felt like MW2... as in I had no lag comp.

I would have just said it plays well, but when I am host I am the first in game with the 4 bars while everyone else is on red which makes me think they inherited MW2 coding when Respawn left.

I've not had too many *** moments so it might just be possible. When ive been downed although i shout out obscenities its normally because i was well beaten. Not because i was shot round corners etc. i never watch the killcam unless its a *** moment and there really hasnt been hardly any difference at all if any, from what i saw on my screen. I'll keep an eye out for lobby hosts in future though to see if it picks me one day to see.

Still overall I'm enjoying it. Could be the 10 month break and the fact I only put 39 hours into MW3. Once my rustiness goes it will be back to my usual beastings..... Ok perhaps not beastings but at least hanging around a 1 kdr lol

I've not had too many *** moments so it might just be possible. When ive been downed although i shout out obscenities its normally because i was well beaten. Not because i was shot round corners etc. i never watch the killcam unless its a *** moment and there really hasnt been hardly any difference at all if any, from what i saw on my screen. I'll keep an eye out for lobby hosts in future though to see if it picks me one day to see.

Still overall I'm enjoying it. Could be the 10 month break and the fact I only put 39 hours into MW3. Once my rustiness goes it will be back to my usual beastings..... Ok perhaps not beastings but at least hanging around a 1 kdr lol

You really should be improving by 1 every new release you know :lesson:

I'm defo getting a -1 KDR on every new release since WaW :D

lol... I almost forgot about that fact.

If you;ve been playing since COD4 then you should hang your head in shame if your not 6:0

All you have to do to maintain a 6 is to play in a party and to spawn trap once you get 2 objectives in Domination. And also play Demo and destroy/let them take one bomb site then farm kills as they try to get to them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom