1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloomin Crucial Memory

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Desmo, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,886
    Well, you never really find out how good a company is until something goes wrong.

I've had a problem recently with 2 sticks of 256MB DDR RAM dying on me. I looked on the Crucial website and see that they are covered under their lifetime warranty. I've sent a few emails with various details and they give me an RMA number and I send off both sticks in one of their original boxes.

I get an email confirming they have received the package and are sending out my replacement RAM. This morning I get the box and there is only one stick there. Not the two I should have received. In every email I sent I have mentioned that there are two sticks.

I sent them another email this morning and they claim to have checked with the RMA department and say that they only received one stick. I 've sent them yet another email telling them the RMA department are wrong.

If they don't send me another stick then I'll not use them again. I'll keep you posted here as to the outcome.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ive never had any problems so i cant say...... but keep my fingers crossed you get ur other stick! :D

actually.... if they are a sensible company they should probably send you something better than you sent them, given the hassle.

ad

3. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,886
    They're the only company I've used for RAM since I started building my own machines. I've also used their RAM in the 4 Mac's I have. Never had a problem with anything. But as I said, you only find out how good a company is when something goes wrong. They've answered my emails very quickly, normally within a few hours. The last one I sent hasn't been replied to so far. That means either someon is lookig into it or it's being ignored. They've got until tomorrow morning and then I'll send another one which is their last chance.

I know they couldn't care less if I never use them again. It won't make any difference but it will make me feel better.

4. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,886
    Just had a call from a supervisor who still claims there was only one stick as they weigh the packages as they come in. Sounds a bit stupid to me as I could have packed anything in the box. A letter, different packaging to keep it safe, anything.

He said they could check back to the post office to see if anything had changed but would give me the benefit of the doubt as it would be easier and quicker. How nice of them.

In the end, I'm getting what I'm owed. I told him I was happy but I also told him they should look into their system because IT WAS WRONG.

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Glad you got it sorted mate..... big companies really should have return procedures better sorted because in the end of the day, it is their word against yours. In the times in which we live, the individual word is seemingly prefferred in law..... so the company stands to lose out.

ad

6. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I'm sure a company like Kingston has better customer/returns service, but then again with the quality of memory they do they probably need it. ;)

Anyone remember the Carlsberg ad? :)