bloomi'n choices

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by John Watts, Feb 11, 2001.

1. John Watts

John Watts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Can you believe it,just as soon as i decide that im going to buy the denon 3801 and talk to Jeff and others about it then up pops the chance to buy a yammy AX1 for £1000 what should i do folks?,is the yammy worth the extra money or is the 3801 as good? i know the yammy has music limitations but i hear it is the king with movies-help me im in amp turmoil

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    As an owner of the AX-1, I'm curious to hear what you heard about it's "musical limitations".

I have just plugged in my Cyrus DAD3Q-24 CD player and although the bass is not quite as controlled as with my Cyrus amplification, the Yamaha does a more than adequate job of reproduction. I would guess however the lower the spec of the input component the worse it will sound.

For example when I use my Toshiba SD200E for CD audio it sounds crap [very poor bass control], and I wouldn't expect any DVD player under £500 to do any better.

As in most things, you gets wot you pays for

------------------
    Put the bunny back in the box !

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    The AX1 is different class to the 3801, it will beat it hands down in all aspects. Sure it doesn't have DTS 6.1 discrete, but I wouldn't worry about that.