1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bloody minibox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by SILVERBACK, Mar 10, 2004.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    1 week today i had sky+ and a mini box put in downstairs,came down this morning to find 80 percent of the channels didnt have a signal or there was a technical fault with the channel.reboots it no different ring sky end up in a service menu messed around with it still no joy.anyone got any info or knowledge of anything maybe i can do ??? saturday is the best they can do to come out :rolleyes: 1 BLOODY WEEK OLD mini box sky+ is fine though.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Swap the boxes over, that will tell you if the fault is with the minibox or the LNB/cable that feeds it.
    It is quite possible for a QUAD LNB to have a fault on a single output while the other three work fine.

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    thanks for the reply mate but i really cant be bothered unhooking all my sky+ box from the homecinema etc.its just mad how it seems to be 80% movies 100% sports bbc2 and some of the other services.i was thinking about hooking the sky+ up but i will just try and borrow a sky box tomorrow from my friendly av dealer lol.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If the fault is with the LNB then make sure the guy they send swaps the LNB for a new one, he might just connect the cable to the spare output which in the long term might come back and bite ya:)

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    so if he justs changes the box and everything is fine it must be the box,but if he gets the trusty ladders out WATCH HIM LIKE A HAWK LOL.cheers again for the help :smashin: