1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody lying gits

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by weyland-yutani, Nov 30, 2002.

1. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    why the hell are tv manufacturor allowed to say their tv's are 28" when they're obviously not? my "28 inch" tv's visible PICTURE is 65 cm/25 inches:mad: doesn't that break any number of trade discription laws?

never mind the campaign for channel logo's, we should MAKE tv manufacturor's tell the truth:(

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I employ the same method of measuring my equipment as well. ;) Don't think it impressed the wife too much though. :D
    Getting back to your point,to be fair i don't recall any of the manufacturers claiming the tube size is the same as the viewable size.

3. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Indeed, and most (if not all?) catalogues list the viewable size as well as the tube size.

4. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    well, they're still lying because the viewing size is 66cm but the visible picture is less than 65cm. go and check your own tv and you'll see you've been lied to:mad: get angry and join me and we'll teach these [inappropriate terminology removed by lynx] a lesson............and then we'll take over the world:p