1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bloody frustrated

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by deanz, Aug 17, 2003.

1. deanz

deanz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in the last couple of weeks i have got a Philips DVDR 70 and a Sanyo 32 FWN4 widescreen telly....I also have Panasonic TUDSB30 sky digital box and a pioneer 525 DVD player....
    Both scarts on TV are RGB (according to manual),,,,ok here goes
    SKY BOX---to AV1 on TV (screened scart cable) and to AV3 on DVD recorder
    DVD recorder to AV2 on TV
    DVD player to AV2 on DVD recorder (also used a loop for watching DVD player)
    I have developed a contrast problem and i cant work out what is causing it......White backgrounds can be overbright and skylight and outdoor scenes can be almost blinding.....it cant be the TV because i had this problem with the TV the Sanyo replaced....
    Any suggestions would be very welcome because if i touch anything else the wife is going to kill me cos she has had enough of her soaps being interupted with my fiddling about

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I noticed my Philips 890 ups the contrast on signals passed through it, but also Sky has a contrast mode in it's set up menu, check it and lower it if neccesary.
    Ged

3. deanz

deanz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for advice,contrast on sky is set to low,,,however the DVDR70 seems to be the problem,I also record from other sources and the whiteness is obvious there too....any suggestions?