1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody Dell - W2600 LCD TV help needed

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Knarky, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Knarky

Knarky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've tried Dells Support Service for LCDs, but since they didn't answer after about 15 mins of waiting I'm assuming they don't actually exist. Perhaps someone here can help.

I've just bought a W2600 LCD TV and when using it as a monitor with my PC
    the following problems are occurring :

The display doesn't fit the widescreen format in that the desktop display simply repeats itself from the right hand side, appearing roughly 1.5 times across the whole widescreen format (hope this makes sense).

The second problem is the that in vertical lines approximately 6 cm apart text on the screen is appearing bolder and slightly fuzzy - i.e. the pixels seem to be unstable, fizzing like.

For reference I have a Rage 128 Pro video card installed if this helps.

Have attempted to use the display settings but nothing worked, so downloaded the analogue driver from the Dell website but again it has made
    no difference.

As a screen for playing PS2 games and for DVD it's been excellent, apart from occasionally noticing a very small single white dot in the middle of the screen.

Thanks

Knarky

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Since the LCD is working fine through the PS2 I would say that the graphics haven't been set correctly. I do know there is a product called Powerstrip (Others available but don't know the name) that allows you create a video driver to perfectly suit your LCD/Plasma screen and get 1:1 pixel mapping. Don't know whether this is the problem though.

Might be an idea to post this message of the Computers and HTPC forum, they'd probably be able to help more.

Richie.

3. Knarky

Knarky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks, I appreciate the advice

4. RichardP

RichardP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume by this you mean your walpaper image is replicated?

If so then this is because the walpaper image is smaller than the screen resolution and the mode is set to 'Tile'. Right click the desktop, select 'Properties', select the 'DeskTop' tab, then change the drop down list on the right from 'Tile' to 'Stretch'. Alternativly change the image to one that is the same resolution as the display.

I agree with Richie, its highly likely that the resolution you have slected is not exactly the same as the LCD, many graphics cards don't support widescreen modes directly so you will have to use something like PowerStrip to get it to work.

5. jon2099

jon2099

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You don't mention what resolution you've set it to. The Rage 128 Pro is a very old card; I've just checked a Rage 128 (they use the same drivers) I have connected to a CRT and the only widescreen mode I could see is 848x480, sometimes called Wide VGA. You probably need 1280x768 (or whatever the native resolution of the W2600 is), if you don't see this then you'll need Powerstrip.

6. Knarky

Knarky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks all will, try Powerstrip and see if it works.

Yea, it is a fairly old card which I thought might be the issue.

Nothing to do with the wallpaper, it's a case of not having the correct resolution options.