1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody buzzing!!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jonbd, Jan 30, 2004.

1. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I wonder if anyone can help me here. It seems that when I have my amp on 5.1 (an american pioneer vsxd608 I think, with a stepdown convertor) and my plasma tv on, I get a loud buzzing sound coming from my centre speaker, which doesn't seem to be there if the amp is in stereo mode, and obviously not there if the amp is switched off. Any ideas what might be causing this? Could it be the fact that it's an american amp with a stepdown convertor?

cheers

jon

2. HeadBanger

HeadBanger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
    It sounds like you may have an earth loop. If your amp is earthed at the plug disconnect the earth wire and see if the buzzing stops. If it does it's very probably an earth loop and I do not know how you'll go about curing it (sorry!).

Don't forget to re-earth the plug as I wouldn't recommend running the amp un-earthed (although in theory it would be still be earthed by the other connecting components).

Perhaps you could try running the step-down converter off a different mains loop and see if that helps?