Bloodlands (BBC One) tbc

richp007

Distinguished Member
Really not sure about that third episode. It's tailed off and gone a bit all over the place after starting well enough.

Plus I'm perplexed by what they've done with Nesbitt's character.

I normally don't dip into new shows until they've finished and I've seen what people think. Shouldn't have broken with that tradition here.

Although it does have a chance to redeem itself in this week's finale.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
A good finale episode, but overall not a classic show

So not a Goliath red herring after all...it would had been saved for finale

- Will be back for Season 2 (expect a new story)

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
The ending was a little bit weak, and I'd pretty much worked-out what would happen. Still a good effort though. Looking forward to the next series.

maddy

Distinguished Member
There's only so much angst that Nesbitt's character could carry and it all kind of fizzled out at the end.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
This never gripped me and the I’m wondering whether to bother watching anymore. Currently on episode 2, it’s just been boring and none of the characters are doing it for me.

OT but watched Grace earlier and that was half decent. John Simm will always be matey out of Human Traffic for me though!

richp007

Distinguished Member
Yeah this wasn't bad in the end. The last episode did pick it all up a little bit, even though it was too telegraphed.

The big problem was the end of episode 2. That needed to be kept as a secret until the end reveal, as it definitely ruined episode 3 and episode 4 up until it made itself all clear.

And yes there's only so much of a sullen and grimacing Nesbitt I can take :laugh:

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
It's OK so far... Needs a bit more pace..
Lots of close up of Nesbitt wrinkles lol...

Belzok

A middling series saved, somewhat, by the last episode.

Presumably impacted by Covid filming restrictions with only 4 episodes.

I suspect a second season might improve the whole thing, if it ever happens.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I really don't think it needs another season, it was a contained story. Unless it got amazing reviews I'd quite happily leave it where it is.

Belzok

I really don't think it needs another season, it was a contained story. Unless it got amazing reviews I'd quite happily leave it where it is.
It would be nice to
get the story of where his wife went and some consequences for Nesbitt

Otherwise yep, certainly not desperate for a second season.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom