Blood Red Sky (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Well I was about to put Jolt on, but after seeing your review of that :D, i’ll watch this instead!

Just watched in and I think 7/10 is a fair rating. TBH parts of it were more like a zombie movie but had enough to be suitably entertained.

Hey, that was actually pretty good, not just good-for-Netflix, but really decent! I definitely enjoyed it. None of the elements are original ideas, but it all added up to a decent vampire movie. Liked that they went for the brutal 30 Days of Night style of vampire, in fact it could almost be set in the same world. The action is handled well, a few moments actually shocked me with the sudden violence. Having said that, it’s not just a gore-fest, the story has a bit of heart to it, and the actress playing Nadja did a great job. Way better than the over hyped Army of the Dead and a very solid 7 - recommended.

Was gonna go watch Old at the cinema tonight but think my better half and I will watch this tonight instead!

Sounds decent!

I was expecting yet more Netflix "filler" but it was a really, really good film. A really original premise done well.
A pleasant surprise :)

yep watched this and engaged with it throughout - an atmos track would have been ideal but agree 7/10 a fair score

I enjoyed this. It is overly long and so is par for the course with Netflix but, as much as it pains me to say, I guess we have to lay blame at the numerous directors and editors who go along with the times. However, overall Thorwarth makes the most of what he proposes here which, at the end of the sun denied day, is very little.
Baumeister shows a bit depth, doesn't get too simplistic in her grunts and Scheer clearly stands out in managing to make his accented villain of the piece sustainable, in both a literal and metaphorically closeted space. Kai Setti is similarly well set up to be more than the token Muslim but, I defy anyone to play the Scheiße drinking game from his character's multiple utterances.
This is also worth sticking around for the end and that is so often not the case of late.

A cheeky Netflix jobber to pop on the list. They seem to be few and far between these days.

Nice bonus however.

I thought it was a U2 documentary but I like the concept from the trailer.

Very so so is my verdict.

Almost Dusk till Dawn like 2 movies merged into 1.

Some of the plane/ATC stuff was very amateurish.

6/10 at best.

yeah,i watched it last night, an ok watch,a good nights entertainment,some good action scenes and a bad guy you know is going to get it

I dunno, I found it all a bit pffffffffffffff... whatever. It felt long, perhaps because I vowed not to switch it off before it finished and I had Statham's Homefront (sounds like a DIY show) lined up on the Tivo for straight after... and straight after just felt like it was getting further and further away as this thing went on. I did like the explosion that looked like it had wandered in from a different film. And Graham McTavish's beard. I do like a good looking beard 🥴

Could've been worse. Very European. Would watch again.

Couple of hours I will never recover.

I'm very suspicious of any Netflix or prime movies these days but, as Cas is a good egg, I'll give this a watch tomorrow.

Thanks for the review 👍

It a toss up between this , Jolt or Gunpowder Milkshake, may have to go to a family vote

Yawn! A strong premise and a good start that sadly falls into an awful vampire trope, which becomes more boring as is stumbles (for what seemed like forever) to its unsatisfying ending. Good ideas, badly executed. 3/10

cracking, 8/10

Cheers Cas, definitely giving this a watch very soon, but obviously there's only one real vampire film to rule them all!!.:)
the lost boys sax GIF

Watching this now. Is there a version without the dubbing? I'd rather have subtitles for the German parts.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom