Blood Diamond available for preorder

Got to my computer and saw a movietyme discount :thumbsup: so have pre-ordered this on HDDVD for £12.99. what a cracking price. This should be an outstanding transfer given the film picture quality on dvd was so good. Loved the film, and especially looking forward to seeing Jennifer Connelly in razor sharp quality :devil:

got an email saying it is now 'processing' - hopefully receive this soon (certainly will be well before the 3rd July date) :thumbsup:

got an email saying it is now 'processing' - hopefully receive this soon (certainly will be well before the 3rd July date) :thumbsup:

Serious? Mine still says due for release 09/07/2007. Hoefully it gets delivered soon.

Serious? Mine still says due for release 09/07/2007. Hoefully it gets delivered soon.

yep, movietyme at 5.30pm

This email is to advise you that:

Blood Diamond (HD DVD)

is now processing for you and should be dispatched shortly, during peak business
periods your order status may not change to shipped for a while, please do not worry
things are still on the move Stateside for you. If this order is a UK Next Day title
then processing and delivery times will differ.

fingers crossed its a quick dispatch :thumbsup:

I got a 'processing' e-mail earlier as well. From recent experience with MovieTyme I would expect to receive it within 2-4 days.

yep, movietyme at 5.30pm

This email is to advise you that:

Blood Diamond (HD DVD)

is now processing for you and should be dispatched shortly, during peak business
periods your order status may not change to shipped for a while, please do not worry
things are still on the move Stateside for you. If this order is a UK Next Day title
then processing and delivery times will differ.

fingers crossed its a quick dispatch :thumbsup:

Aah ok my order is with play. Maybe I should cancel and order from MT

Just got an email from MovieTyme to say that my copy of Blood Diamond has been dispatched! :thumbsup:

Just got an email from MovieTyme to say that my copy of Blood Diamond has been dispatched! :thumbsup:

me too :clap::clap: however I would imagine that it wont be here until next week now, but still well before the 'official' release.
I loved this film, and pray that the picture quality will be outstanding which I am sure it will be. What really intrigues me is all the HDDVD extras.

me too :clap::clap: however I would imagine that it wont be here until next week now, but still well before the 'official' release.
I loved this film, and pray that the picture quality will be outstanding which I am sure it will be. What really intrigues me is all the HDDVD extras.

That, too, is one of the reasons I ordered the disk! :smashin:

Cheers
Moosh

I got the HD DVD yesterday from MovieTyme and it doesn't disappoint. The film itself is very good and the PQ/SQ are amongst the best I've seen/heard on the format. Once again Warner have done themselves proud.

I got the HD DVD yesterday from MovieTyme and it doesn't disappoint. The film itself is very good and the PQ/SQ are amongst the best I've seen/heard on the format. Once again Warner have done themselves proud.

excellent , thanks. I get mine delivered to my work, so should get it tomorrow then :thumbsup:

thanks for that m8 was just about to ask what they thought of picture quality,as this is one of my favourite films :thumbsup:

got mine this morning (another great delivery from Movietyme),

and skimmed through the film and WOW this is fantastic for PQ.

Will watch in its full glory tonight, but this looks perfect

Got mine this morning but have been too busy to watch it. And now that I've got time, my E1 is updating it's firmware! :rotfl:

Cheers
Moosh

Excuse my poor photography but I've taken some snaps of the internet feature on the HD DVD.

Main internet menu

The "loading" icon

Information about the conflict area

One of the polls

And the PQ and AQ of the movie is fantastic!

Cheers
Moosh

God this disc is fantastic in HD. Some of the picture quality is the best yet ! The assault on the mine near the end is absolutely awesome for detail. If you haven't got this I would seriously urge anyone to give it a go.

On a disappointing note, the web extras are pretty lame. The poll is a pre-set 6 question multiple choice on releases you would like to see on HDDVD (none really stood out apart from Ben Hur). And the map of the conflicts is really pretty poor. I was expecting more from that aspect of the disc, but for £12.99 I shouldn't complain.

Picture Quality 10/10
Sound 9/10
Film 8.5/10

God this disc is fantastic in HD. Some of the picture quality is the best yet ! The assault on the mine near the end is absolutely awesome for detail. If you haven't got this I would seriously urge anyone to give it a go.

On a disappointing note, the web extras are pretty lame. The poll is a pre-set 6 question multiple choice on releases you would like to see on HDDVD (none really stood out apart from Ben Hur). And the map of the conflicts is really pretty poor. I was expecting more from that aspect of the disc, but for £12.99 I shouldn't complain.

Picture Quality 10/10
Sound 9/10
Film 8.5/10

I agree with you on most of your points (I'd give the film a 9 :))! :thumbsup:

To be fair about the web extras, this is the first major disk to have such features. So hopefully things will improve over time.

Cheers
Moosh

Superb :thumbsup:! The PQ has awesome and the film was fantastic. Didn't think much of the sound, nothing wrong with it and also nothing outstanding.

I'd have to agree with the comments about picture and sound. The PQ is very good, with well saturated colours and lots of fine detail. Lovely deep black levels too. The TrueHD sound is good too, although not up there with the best soundtracks I've heard as it's just not that lively.

The film ain't bad either, although I could've done without the cheesy ending.

Great film and great disc, one not to miss.

OK, i have acctually had to pre-order mine through Amazon, it says it aint out untill the 8th, where have you guys acctually found this? I also ordered Children of men & Harry Potter, there all being delivered together so I'm not gonna get any of them untill the 8th July now!!

I got this on Blu-Ray, Saturday and loved every minute of it..It's probably my film of the year - So far.. Storyline, acting, sound and vision is all top notch in my opinion. A quality purchase of the highest order. Highly recommended - 10/10 :smashin:

I've ordered this as well as The Big Lebowski and they were dispatched on Monday, but still no sign of them. Any ideas how much longer I could be waiting. I'm desperate to see these films in HD. They were both ordered off the same day dispatch section, if this makes any difference?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom