Quantcast

Blood And Truth - 29th May 2019

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
It mentions sitting on the calibration screen, so I did that. Some people have tried mimicking what the character does and re-setting the view by holding the options button.
I saw the same which is why I initially sat down... But during the shooting sections, it just doesn't feel right.. I play a lot of Firewall (Atleast I did until the Devs broke it) and do that standing, so I don't like playing this sort of game sitting.

I am also playing games on a Quest and most of those are standing (Room scale too, which means a lot of walking around (and if you havn't tried it yet, you must.. Its a game changer)). And now I am used to that, its near impossible to go back.

However, there are so many sitting scenes in B&T, its not easy to find the balance.. I will just muddle on.. I am playing stood up now and that seems to work and is pretty convincing.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
I played through this game standing up after initially trying it seated. Standing up is just so much better imho as I feel more freedom and quicker to react. Playing seated is just more restricted and affects my reaction time. I too stand up for all my VR gaming. The transition from crouching to standing and vice versa was slightly jarring at first, but quickly got used to it and I felt no issue with that afterwards.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I play a lot of Firewall (Atleast I did until the Devs broke it) and do that standing, so I don't like playing this sort of game sitting.
Playing seated is just more restricted and affects my reaction time. I too stand up for all my VR gaming.
Some games I play fully seated, like say Wipeout or Battlezone; a few games I've played fully standing, like Superhot; because it seems to fit for these games.
Then games which feel like you should be standing, but it's more comfy seated, I use a drum throne, like The Persistence or DOOM, and probably Blood and truth.

A drum throne gives the advantage of the weight being on your seat-bones thru to spine, so you are quite upright and have upper body mobility, and balanced upright, but can lift both legs too.
For me I much prefer this for "standing games", but you may be putting in longer sessions, and body tracking is minimal: like Firewall Zero Hour.
You could try a normal stool or office chair, just sit "up" and not lean back.

Floyd AVF

I don't know if anyone is going for the platinum on this or not, but how do you replay the final mission (on the plane where you confront Tony) and have weapons on you?
If you use the replay mission option you start with no guns (which are needed for 2 trophies).

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Ca
I don't know if anyone is going for the platinum on this or not, but how do you replay the final mission (on the plane where you confront Tony) and have weapons on you?
If you use the replay mission option you start with no guns (which are needed for 2 trophies).
Use the continue story option instead

oasismark

Started this last night, lots of talking and not much action....
but what action there was was great.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Update out today that adds NG+ as well as leaderboards and challenges.

Also if you haven't got it yet and thinking of doing so it's in the summer sale for £20

blackmesa8

I would give it a go today but I can't handle VR in hot weather. Also I heard if you sweat it can break VR headsets :(

Edit: Actually I can't handle anything in hot weather tbh rofl done nothing today at all accept not move.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Definitely.

I think I paid around £30 for it on release, loved every minute, just got better and better as you went through.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I played seated all the way through, some bits felt odd for a few seconds, but didn't notice after a while.

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
As this is on sale for £20 at the moment, would folks says it's good value at that price?
(Edit: I enjoyed the demo, although sitting down felt a bit strange. I may try standing)
I preferred standing as I felt more free and flexible. At first, its jarring when it switches to crouch mode but I quickly got used to that and the eventual later car sequences didn't affect my enjoyment at all. I had first played the game seated (as how the developpers recommend playing it) and felt too restricted even on my swing chair. But everyone has their own feels so only you can know if it bothers you or not.

I think it's absolutely worth the sale price as this game is the biggest blockbuster action experience so far in the PSVR library (though still a relatively short campaign experience and clearly a first chapter of a bigger story).

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
... I had first played the game seated (as how the developpers recommend playing it)...
Apparently, that is Sony's recommendation. Developers have to put that in to comply with their comfort restrictions for VR games.

Sairento's devs commented about it on reddit. The devs recommend that game being played standing, despite the splash screen that says otherwise, which was put in at Sony's request.