Blood and Money Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Blimey, not seen Tom Berenger in anything for ages! :eek:

Thanks for the review, sounds interesting. Hadn't even heard of this film before so have added it to the streaming list. :)

Thx Cas , on the list!

It looks like that Tommy Lee Jones film with the gnarly old guy, snow etc. and havoc to follow.
I'll maybe give this a digital whirl - Shoot to Kill needs digging out first - but this has taken bit of an arse pounding in reviews...

Looks pretty good I’ll give it a whirl not seen him in anything proper since Sniper wasn’t he in one of the substitute films ?

It looks like that Tommy Lee Jones film with the gnarly old guy, snow etc. and havoc to follow.
I'll maybe give this a digital whirl - Shoot to Kill needs digging out first - but this has taken bit of an arse pounding in reviews...

Damn, it's so hard to find Shoot to Kill anywhere. It's a bit like the 72 Sleuth. You can't even find them on streaming.

As for this, I suspect plenty will go in expecting Berenger's Last Blood, which it's not at all.

I happen to think that works in its favour but, again, that's only cause of the 'what would my dad do' angle, which I thought was quite unusual.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good I’ll give it a whirl not seen him in anything proper since Sniper wasn’t he in one of the substitute films ?

Yeah, he was the Substitute, it was Treat who took over for the sequels. Seem to remember it being enjoyable.

He was in Inception and Training Day, as well as a mandatory 56 Sniper sequels.

Thanks Cas.
Will give this a go. Tom B (wow) blast from the past.....

Yeah, he was the Substitute, it was Treat who took over for the sequels. Seem to remember it being enjoyable.

He was in Inception and Training Day, as well as a mandatory 56 Sniper sequels.
Yeah he was only briefly in both though shame as he’s a good actor I’m guessing this will be on Amazon video?

Damn, it's so hard to find Shoot to Kill anywhere. It's a bit like the 72 Sleuth. You can't even find them on streaming.

As for this, I suspect plenty will go in expecting Berenger's Last Blood, which it's not at all.

I happen to think that works in its favour but, again, that's only cause of the 'what would my dad do' angle, which I thought was quite unusual.
I have Deadly Pursuit (Shoot to Kill) on DVD and it's available on amazon as such - shame no bluey still.

Yeah he was only briefly in both though shame as he’s a good actor I’m guessing this will be on Amazon video?

Yeah, it'll be available for digital purchase from all the usual suspects, probably pop up on NowTV in 3 months, then appear on Amazon about 3 months after that, is generally how it goes.

I have Deadly Pursuit (Shoot to Kill) on DVD and it's available on amazon as such - shame no bluey still.

Yeah, I saw the DVD but they generally make me shudder these days. Although I've recently seen Olympus Has Fallen on German 4K so I shouldn't complain.

Never even heard of this one before today.

Berenger's presence of course for me makes it an immediate 7, so probably worth a look one cold winter's night on the couch if Cas is throwing a 6 at it.

Never even heard of this one before today.

Berenger's presence of course for me makes it an immediate 7, so probably worth a look one cold winter's night on the couch if Cas is throwing a 6 at it.

You're probably not wrong. I figured giving it a positive review and a 6 was setting this up to be better received than setting people's expectations too high, all over a damn number.

You're probably not wrong. I figured giving it a positive review and a 6 was setting this up to be better received than setting people's expectations too high, all over a damn number.

You know the numbers cause a great deal of stress out there :D

I can’t believe we have a Tom Berenger-centric thread and not one mention of Major League! Tut Tut! :D I loved it back in the day - even if you don’t like baseball - and due a rewatch! Coach to Wesley Snipes‘ Willy Hayes Mayes:

“You may run like Hayes but you bat like shit!” :D

Someone to Watch Over Me is good, and of course Sgt. Barnes in Platoon.

He was fantastic as Barnes, for those who love Platoon and for whatever reason haven’t seen The Revenant, it is like watching his reincarnation courtesy of Tom Hardy

He was fantastic as Barnes, for those who love Platoon and for whatever reason haven’t seen The Revenant, it is like watching his reincarnation courtesy of Tom Hardy

Interestingly I always thought Stone painted him in shades of grey in Platoon, partly because of his own experiences I guess.

Sure, Barnes and Elias were polar opposites, and Barnes was a cold blooded killer, but he wasn't always wrong, and Elias wasn't always right, despite his softer approach.

Barnes' behaviour was horrific, but the village he razed did explode which suggests he was right in not trusting the villagers.

He saved the entire platoon from a friendly fire strike too.

I think Stone was suggesting that actually Barnes and Elias were equally effective in this particularly awful and unnecessary conflict, they just used very different means, which ultimately put them at odds.

Of course we hate Barnes, we're supposed to, and we're supposed to love Elias, but I'm not sure he was quite the greedy cowardly psycho Hardy was in Revenant... imho.

Very true Cas, the Revenant was more a Barnes is alive and well albeit in the body of Hardy, although maybe it was simply Berenger is alive and well, all the facial gestures etc...

I’m sure it was mentioned back in the day he had based some of the character on Berenger/Barnes (maybe out of his relationship/admiration of Berenger during the Inception shoot?).

It’s been a while since I watched Platoon, think I overdid it a bit in my 20’s but this discussion has put me in the mood for it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom