1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloddy Microsoft

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by sticker, Oct 31, 2005.

1. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is it with Microsoft, I've just taken out a DVD Rom from my PC and now Windows XP is telling me that my system has changed dramatically and I must re-activate the licence :nono:

Trouble is I can't re-activate it via the internet because the activation part comes up and the firewall won't let it through, I can't get to the firewall to alow its. The option that the re-activation gives me is to log off or phone Microsoft, there's no way in the world I'm doing tha hanging on the phone for x hours.

Does anyone know of a way around this, I can't even doing anything in safe mode as it won't let me log on.

I'm bloody steaming at the stupidity of MS :mad: :mad: :mad: (by the way I writing this using my laptop.

Cheers
    John

2. Muf

Muf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The phone service is usually very quick John and you can let off some of your steam also as you wil get talking to a humanoid.

Jim.

3. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I seem to be reactivating my winxp once every couple of weeks as I change/build a lot of pcs so I can understand your frustration. As Muf said ringing through is actually fairly quick although sometimes I have trouble understanding what they're saying as I always have to go through to a customer service person.

4. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Yes, pretty good customer service, and at leaast there open at 2AM unlike the Xbox support line, got to love the American Call Center...