Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Bloddy Microsoft

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by sticker, Oct 31, 2005.

1. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is it with Microsoft, I've just taken out a DVD Rom from my PC and now Windows XP is telling me that my system has changed dramatically and I must re-activate the licence :nono:

Trouble is I can't re-activate it via the internet because the activation part comes up and the firewall won't let it through, I can't get to the firewall to alow its. The option that the re-activation gives me is to log off or phone Microsoft, there's no way in the world I'm doing tha hanging on the phone for x hours.

Does anyone know of a way around this, I can't even doing anything in safe mode as it won't let me log on.

I'm bloody steaming at the stupidity of MS :mad: :mad: :mad: (by the way I writing this using my laptop.

Cheers
    John

2. Muf

Muf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The phone service is usually very quick John and you can let off some of your steam also as you wil get talking to a humanoid.

Jim.

3. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I seem to be reactivating my winxp once every couple of weeks as I change/build a lot of pcs so I can understand your frustration. As Muf said ringing through is actually fairly quick although sometimes I have trouble understanding what they're saying as I always have to go through to a customer service person.

4. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Yes, pretty good customer service, and at leaast there open at 2AM unlike the Xbox support line, got to love the American Call Center...