Blocky mobile tv

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by chaz, Aug 20, 2006.

1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Hi hope someone can help,my wife owns a Nokia 6234 she is trying the 30 day free triall on sky.The phone connects ok but when you see picture its all blocky and the sound breaks up. The signal strength is about 3 to 4 so does anybody know to improve the picture so it is watchable or it will be pointless watching it ? :thumbsdow :confused:

2. God's Hamster

God's Hamster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    you need to be in a good coverage 3G area.

If there isn't a 3G site nearby, or you are in a poor coverage 3G area then it wont work very well.

If you go into your mobile provider shop, they should be able to tell you how good it is in your postcode area.

3. dudeness

dudeness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I just bought a 3G phone, can anyone tell me how to subscribe to Mobile TV?

4. God's Hamster

God's Hamster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mobile TV is great, but as mentioned you need to make sure your in a good 3G coverage area.

I'm not sure how other phone companies do it but on vodafone, just click on the Vodafone live button and select the mobile TV services.

SO long as you have 3G you can watch TV, nothing needs setting up by customer services. In fact i've just this second logged onto Vodafone live and theres a tab which you can select 'mobile TV' and watch various different channels.

Also check if your mobile operators offer a 30 free trial. Free TV on your mobile is not to be sniffed at!

5. MinervaUK

MinervaUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having.

As God's_Hamster says, the signal strength you see on your mobile would relate to a signal strength for calls on 2G / GPRS, rather than more advanced services such as 3G which support Mobile TV. Vodafone currently have 99.7% 2G/GPRS coverage in the UK whereas 3G (the newer service) is 73%.

It’s possible to check your signal strength by going to the below link on the www.vodafone.co.uk website:

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispat...e&_pageLabel=Page_BOS_Coverage&pageID=GM_0067

Hope this helps. By the way, I work for Vodafone so if you still have problems after finding out you're in an area of strong signal coverage please let me know.

6. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I have the same problem with my Sony 800i and I also am with Vodafone. I get 3G at home and skysports news txt is too small and picture is choppy.
    I tried watching goals from last seasons champions league but same problem.

7. MinervaUK

MinervaUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

If you're still having problems you could always go to www.vodafone.co.uk, select the 'contact us' option then 'email'. If you leave the short-code FIT135 in the body of your email this will automatically route you through to somebody who'll be able to assist you with your Mobile TV problems