1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockies 5 for 30 quid offer back on again!!!

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Family Guy, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or 3 for £20 - which I took advantage of yesterday.
    Picked up Sean Of The Dead, Radio & Breakfast at Tiffanys for 20 sheets yesterday...Brucie bargain. :thumbsup:

2. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    almost bought some myself today but couldn't find 5 i particularly wanted.. kept walking around with 4 in my hand and then putting them back cos i couldn't find a fifth. ended up with none, but then i realised that a lot of these dvd's were in the BOGOF deal the other week at 9.99, so they work out more expensive this time around.

3. Mr Neato

Mr Neato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked up Troy (2 disc), Day After tommorow, Van Helsing, Infernal Affairs (Region 0) and Wonderland. Not bad I thought for £6 each and with there return policy as well if it doesnt play, cant complain.

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i wouldn't but our ex-rentals i know how they are treated. :D

Gary

5. theraven

theraven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well, I'm pleased to hear that Gary as it leaves more for the rest of us...

Personally, I feel that the one year no quibble guarentee takes away most of my major concerns...

6. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    your welcome - i wont watch rental DVD's that have been out for more than two weeks - i've seen what the great unwashed do it them. i dont see the point in sitting to watch a film only to find just as you've got into it that it wont play because of the scratches.

so i only buy disks that are new or are second hand from another collector - NEVER EX-RENTAL.

Gary

7. Stella'd

Stella'd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Family Guy...
    Troy, Sean Of The Dead, 21 Grams, Gothika and Kill Bill Vol 2 for me... Bargain!

8. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Unfortuantely, this offer has replaced the 2 for 1 offer they had for a while on all ex-rentals. I have had a number of ex-rentals from them and never had a problem and, as said above, you can always exchange them within in a year.

9. sollas001

sollas001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The BOGOF titles seemed to be less good titles than the newer 5 for £30. These BOGOFs were clearance ex-rentals, I would guess. Newer offer seems to include near mint pre-owned ie had 1 careful owner and not used as a family drinks coaster. eg 2 disc Capturing the Freidmans, Dreamers near mint.

I have been told the Guarantee for Sale/Pre-owned is now 6 months - independently confirmed in 2 Edinburgh BB stores. Best to test on site or soon after purchase. They encourage a replacement - not sure how enforceable if you can't find an identical or another title. Merchantable Quality might be a good phrase to throw into a conversation as it worked in a supermarket whose duty manager didn't seem to care that I couldn't play one new DVD and that the second new one I bought had only one of two discs.... :suicide: