• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blocked iphone 3g

Status
Not open for further replies.

mornachew

Established Member
Ok guys

I have bought an iphone of ebay which it said has no signal.
I checked the iemi (or whatever its called) and it said:
Not stolen
Not lossed
Not insurance write off.
All it said was iphone currently locked by network - May work on others.
I will put a pictue of it up if that helps.

2 questions
What other reasons are their for blacklisting a phone?
Can I get it unblocked.?

RussWWFC

Established Member
It is more than likely NOT jailbroken yet, either that or it is not unlocked. See the jailbreaking forum for info

mornachew

Established Member
What network SIM's have you tried?

Virgin - shows bars and carrier but wont make recieve calls
O2 Shows carrier but no bars
Vodaphone Shows carrier but no bars.
Orange - now this worked for a day and sods law the next day when i was gonna take a picture of it - so I could sell the phome it showed the carrier (Orange) but no signal bars.

Havent tried any more?

Any recommendations?

Robiow

Established Member
Dismount it and give the sim terminals a clean?

To be honest, if you bought it like that as advertised, the previous owner would have tried everything under the sun to get it working again. It's nearly 2 years old, things become loose under normal wear and tear

StevieDvd

Established Member
Do a complete restore and try the sims again. If say it was previously on O2 then only that one should activate - if the signal is still poor then it's likely a hardware issue so you could book an appointment in an apple shop and presumably get it fixed or replaced at a fixed cost.

Or sell it as faulty in case someone think that they can fix it.

mornachew

Established Member
spoke to a girl at o2 she said the iemi was blocked!! AS SAID I KNOW THAT BUT THE CHECKMEND REPORT SAYS NOT STOLEN, NO INSURANCE CLAIM, AND NOT ANYTHING ELSE JUST BLOCKED ON SOME UK NETWORKS. Can i unlock it - she said no!!:(
So its a glorified ipod touch :(

jerryq7777

Prominent Member
spoke to a girl at o2 she said the iemi was blocked!! AS SAID I KNOW THAT BUT THE CHECKMEND REPORT SAYS NOT STOLEN, NO INSURANCE CLAIM, AND NOT ANYTHING ELSE JUST BLOCKED ON SOME UK NETWORKS. Can i unlock it - she said no!!:(
So its a glorified ipod touch :(

Well you did buy it with no signal so expect the worse.Just resell it on ebay they still work as a phone outside of the UK.

mornachew

Established Member
Well you did buy it with no signal so expect the worse.Just resell it on ebay they still work as a phone outside of the UK.

True!!
I thought because it had a not stolen Iemi check that I would be able to get it unblocked. - Ah well
Thanx for all your comments guys!

hutch

Distinguished Member
Your only option is to sell it on ebay to another country, it wont work now on any UK network.

Thread closed as no further advice within the law can be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom