Blockbuster trade ins for 360

spidermanalf

Mods feel free to move if in wrong place.

ANYWAY, just traded in a load of games at Blockbuster (best trade in prices on high street), and in my stack of games I had CoD3 and Prey, so what you might say, these were Play Asia purchases, and they accepted them!

Got 15 for CoD3 and 10 for Prey, so a loss of 10quid from new, not bad! AFTER she put them through I mentioned it, and the woman said, "oh yeah it happens all the time as they use diefferent barcodes, so we put them in manually!"

Just thought you would like to know!

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I tried to trade my imported (but PAL) copy of Just Cause, at GAME, but they wouldn't accept it.

Traded DiRT - £25 and Flatout - £20 though which I thought was reasonable

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member

ANYWAY, just traded in a load of games at Blockbuster (best trade in prices on high street), and in my stack of games I had CoD3 and Prey, so what you might say, these were Play Asia purchases, and they accepted them!

Got 15 for CoD3 and 10 for Prey, so a loss of 10quid from new, not bad! AFTER she put them through I mentioned it, and the woman said, "oh yeah it happens all the time as they use diefferent barcodes, so we put them in manually!"

Very interesting.... I have a few games that won't scan over here so if they would accept them i'd be interested...

Did she say all their stores do them manually, or was that just in their store?

By the way, which store was it?

Epicurus

Interesting. I tried trading in COD 3 and Just Cause import copies at a Blockbusters (at the time still a Gamestation) and they wouldnt take them because they didn't scan. I wonder if now it's not technically a Gamestationt hey might take them. They are also Play Asia copies. I got bored of both games very fast so don't really want them.

internetuser

it depends on the staff.

I have got rid of a US Ridge racer this way, but another time the person would not take the game as it had no rating sticker on.

Gary D

Distinguished Member
As a former PT employee Blockbusters - i can confirm that will accept anything. Their business is going down the tubes and the are desperately trying to shore it up.

internetuser

I think its more downto the staff than the store policy.

If I get the comic book guy type he reviews everytime you trade in and knows the score, were as the old women who works in my store does not have a clue and blames that dam computer for not having it listed.

ajcham

Just traded in Tiger Woods 2007 for £15 at Blockbuster (pretty good I think bearing in mind 08 is out on Friday) against Bioshock (originally £34.99) :smashin:

tazmago

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know if RSV is still on the list for the 'New game for £9.99' trade in deal?

tazmago

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the info. £19 for R6V is still very good, you can get it from Play for £18 brand new ;)

Bimbeemer

Have to agree they're not too shabby on the p/x's

Managed to pick up Bioshock for £13....!

got shot of -
Table Tennis £6...
Oblivion £15 - great game I know...but probably only played it twice...just can't imagine having the time to invest in it..!

p9ul

Distinguished Member
The suckers gave me £22 for NFS Carbon against BioShock :D I only paid £20 for it back in January...

funcky

Will Blockbuster accept games with bundle copy written on the cover? So on trading in US region games, some stores will accept and some won't right?

CatManDo

anyone know if they will trade in DS games against 360 games? Want to get Bioshock tomorrow but skint...may see if I can raid my Mrs's DS stash !!!!

bigkingy

anyone know if they will trade in DS games against 360 games? Want to get Bioshock tomorrow but skint...may see if I can raid my Mrs's DS stash !!!!

Probably, having said that my local wouldnt take PSP games, they sent me to gamestation. Dont know if they have stopped taking all handheld games or just the PSP

Scott23

Anyone know how much they offer for
Burnout Revenge
PGR3
COD2

Fancy Bioshock (who doesn't!!) but don't fancy paying full £35 price for it.

Cheers :smashin:

Scott23

Went to ChoicesUk this weekend - got £17 for Burnout Revenge, £13 for COD2 and £6 for PGR3 (all on the 360). Great! Wouldn't have got that for them on here! Got Bioshock for peanuts and have been hooked on it since :)

Cheers ChoicesUK - use them before they go into administration!

SpikeyTheFatGit

Probably, having said that my local wouldnt take PSP games, they sent me to gamestation. Dont know if they have stopped taking all handheld games or just the PSP

Mine (Chippenham) took a PSP game yesterday, so probably down to the store manager's discretion.

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
Guys im thinking of trading in

COD3
Test Drive Unlimited
Gears of War (But it was bought from ebat so also has japanese writing on?)
Crackdown(also Jap - still has english writing just jap underneath?!)
Smackdown VS Raw 07
Splinter Cell double agent

What do you think i could get for these titles?

DarthyBaby

Hi all, try www.cex.co.uk , I have used them in the past and have had no problems, going to exchange Godfather and Virtua Tennis 3 for £30 exchange voucher. Will come in handy for COD 4 :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
THX launches Onyx MQA supporting DAC/Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio introduces Evo all-in-one audio system
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts