Blockbuster sell PS3 for £399 - Will they pricematch themselves?

SteveG

Blockbuster have now dropped the price to £399 for the console, or £459 for the console + any game + blu-ray film + hdmi cable.

I bought mine at launch for the dearer price, which seems a bit off considering it was only 2 weeks ago. I phoned the shop but they didn't have a clue as there was no manager in. Does anyone know if they do pricematches or will honour their new lower price for those of us that pre-ordered?

mekes82

I cant say for sure but I doubt it. I think you'd have better luck pressing for a refund or store credit, then buying the new deal straight after. Even tho that's a little cheeky!

Good luck

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Blockbuster have now dropped the price to £399 for the console, or £459 for the console + any game + blu-ray film + hdmi cable.

I bought mine at launch for the dearer price, which seems a bit off considering it was only 2 weeks ago. I phoned the shop but they didn't have a clue as there was no manager in. Does anyone know if they do pricematches or will honour their new lower price for those of us that pre-ordered?

Steve cant answer the question regarding the pricematch, but I also got my ps3 from blockbuster, but you got to remember..we did get 5 free rentals (usually worth £3.95 each)and £5 off any game, that works out about £25 so theoretically we got a deal equal in nature. it works out pretty much the same (provided you are going to use those vouchers!

stu.artd

I doubt you'll get anywhere asking for them to retrospectively price match.

What would you think if the price had increased by £50 and they contacted you to say they wanted more money from you 2 weeks after you'd bought the PS3 ?

The Gooner

I wouldnt ave thought they would price match as at the timem you agreed to pay that ammount. It was also what evryone else was selling at.

I thought the new price also included the rentals?

As for taking it back, unless there is a fault with it then I dont think they are obliged to take it back. Not sure but as far as shop is concerned if they take it back they then have to sell it as second hand as you have used it for 2 weeks. I got mine from argos and they said on purchase it didnt come in the 28 day money back gaurantee so I know I cant take mine back, I don think BB offer anything like this from argos anyway so cant see it happening

SteveG

Thanks for the replies. I'll give them a call later when the manager is in - they may not do anything but it's worth a try. I'm not that bothered but as they're discounting just two weeks later it seems a bit hard on the people that pre-ordered and guaranteed their sales for launch day. I'd be happy with another 5 free rentals.

The new price does also include the £5 vouchers and 5 x free rentals.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the replies. I'll give them a call later when the manager is in - they may not do anything but it's worth a try. I'm not that bothered but as they're discounting just two weeks later it seems a bit hard on the people that pre-ordered and guaranteed their sales for launch day. I'd be happy with another 5 free rentals.

The new price does also include the £5 vouchers and 5 x free rentals.

thats interesting...let us know how you get on!

SteveG

Store manager is not authorised to do price matches, but he gave me head office number and said to speak to them. I'll keep you posted.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom