1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster or Skipbuster!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dts borg, Dec 31, 2001.

1. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    First time I have rented a film in 5 years & my last!!

Blockbuster 3 for 2 deal..............ha

Picked up 3 DVDs The family man, Alone came a spider & Enemy at the gates, a few films that I never got round to see in the cinema or buy on DVD.

Now 3 films I still have not seen, All 3 movies would not play. They were scratched so bad they looked like someone had been ice skating on them.............:eek:

My nice & quite afternoon with the wife turned out..... mmm BAD NEWS.......:mad:

The Family man played until chapter 10. Then It all went wrong. It was all my fault once it would not play. WHY WON'T IT PLAY, YOu keep buying all this gear...... ALL that money you spend and I can't watch a film........oh my god :eek:

Then I showed her the damaged DVD.....then the other two, Well I feel sorry for the guy at Blockbuster!!!!!!!.........NO I DON'T....:D

I will Never Ever Rent a DVD again.

Keith

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,270
    reminds me of the times when you used to rent videos, and they were sooooo dirty they would often damage your VCR!!!

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

What is it with people? They buy a DVD player to watch films in crystal clear imagery, only to screw the discs-up in such a horrendous way, through mishandling them?!

I'm afraid Blockbuster aren't the only culprits/problem-plagued rental stores, when it comes to rental DVD's. It appears to be a major problem with many rental places.

In my opinion, people don't seem to care about the DVD getting damaged, as it isn't there own DVD disc that they've paid for.

Personally, I think stores should charge immediately for ANY damage to the DVD's surface, whether it plays properly or not. Jeez, I've had some DVD's and CD's for two years and up, which are still in immaculate condition. But rent a DVD form my local store, that's only been out a couple of weeks, and..... it's f***** beyond belief!! :mad:

Pooch

4. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Is this a problem many people are having? I've rented about a dozen films from my local blockbuster and never had a problem, buts its only a small shop. Are you using one of the larger retail park places?

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I haven't rented a film on Video in 8 years and never have done for DVD. I learned my lesson many years ago on library LPs. I buy what I want to see. It is the only way.:p