Blockbuster bust again!!

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BBC News - Blockbuster back in administration

I see BB have filed for administration again, no shops closing yet while they try to find a buyer again!!!.

I wonder if they will find a buyer, if they do I see more closures though, it would probably be best to focus on an on line only model as I don't go near rental stores these days, lovefilm for me for the last 4yrs with no complaints.

So you post it in the Bargains thread? You vulture :)

Well, there are bargains to be had. I bought (all new):

The Ides of March 3.00 - 25% = 2.25
The Artist 3.00 - 25% = 2.25
Twilight 3.00 - 25% = 2.25
The Twilight Saga: New Moon 3.00 - 25% = 2.25
The Resident Evil Collection 7.00 - 25% = 5.25

The offer at the moment is 25% off the lowest marked price.

Was this in store or on line, I see they are doing 4 for £12 blu on the marketplace site and there was a few titles I could be tempted by but if they were cheaper in store I may stop by my nearest store for a look.

Looks like this is instore only.

There is a £5 off £15 spend on the marketplace although this can't be used on multi-buy offers (4 for £12, etc).

Sorry, instore. I was passing today so it seemed rude not to pop in again.
I got 'The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!‬' (2D) brand new,
sealed and with a slipcase for 2.25 :)

the one nearest me (tile hill coventry) looks like its closing. picked up the 8 bluray superman anthology for £13 (case a bit bit beaten up but blurays ok) plus the planet of the apes evolution bluray set sealed for £11. pleased with that given that i could never find the sainsburys superman offer

website now down, seems they are going. no orders will no longer be fulfilled inc xbox one pre orders

maybe the word any orders would have been better put. Either way they are saying no refunds or exchanges but will allow you to get the deposit back for xbox one or ps4 back which is kind since once in administration all money and items are the administrators to try and clear or reduce outstanding debt

I was just messing around ;)

You used a double negative:
ie 'No orders will be fulfilled' is correct.
or
'Orders will no longer be fulfilled' is also correct.

Combine the 2 into one sentence, 'no orders will no longer be fulfilled'- the double 'no' in the sentence means orders will be fulfilled

Like saying 'I don't not know the time'- (means you do know the time) :p;)

Just bumping this. Those people with a Blockbuster store shutting up shop, have a look as there are loads of bargains.

I picked up three Blu-rays (Senna, Life of Pi and Contagion) and some chocolate for £13 today. In my local the shelves were getting quite bare of Blu-rays so be quick.

Where as at mine where its closing they have the purge which I picked up then realised minus 30 percent off wasnt worth it at 19.99

Picked up 6 blu's on Friday Django,Jack Reacher, The Grey, Hannah, Transformers DSM, Monsters all for just over £32 which was 40% off ticket price so not too bad.

There is only one BB near me and that is closing down too now. I went in but there was rubbish offers. Preowned blu rays for £10 then 40% off but new versions can be bought same price online. Even preowned DVD's were £8 and 40% off. There didn't seem to be any new titles anywhere despite being a big BB.

From what I have read today ALL Blockbuster stores will be closed before xmas as they can't find a buyer. All stores will be liquidated and probably closed by Mid December so take advantage of increasing discounts on any bluray's etc before they close. Discounts all all produce have gone up from 40% to 50% since last week although there headline prices are still a bit high.

Discounts should be 60% by end of next week and then they will look ok. They are even selling socks in my nearest BB store today, I don't know why that is.:)

My local |Blockbuster (Roneo Corner Romford) had a mixture of 70% or 40% off on all blu-rays yesterday evening. I bought Skyfall (with slipcase) new for £4.80, a massive bargain as it is still £15 most places including Amazon. I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about buying Wrath Of The Titans 3D and Jaws blu-rays so, as I wasn't working today, I went back this morning. Both titles had gone but it was now 70% off everything so got Mama (with slipcase) for £2.99 and E.T. for £2.39, both new. Various other blus at bargain prices too but nothing to interest me. They also had very cheap HDMI cables and the already mentioned Thinsulate socks, gloves and hats. Crates of soft drinks and sweets at low prices. All the shelves and stands were for sale too.

Yes the stands were for sale at the BB I was in @ £75 ea, will have to take another look in a couple of days to see if they are all 70% off now.

Any date for final day of trading? There are a couple near me but on t'other side of the city so I'd rather know before I set off if they will be open :)

To answer my own question, the ones up here closed for good at 5.00pm today.

I managed to pick up:

Parental Guidance new & sealed for 1.20
Quartet new & sealed for 1.00

Before they closed.

I have to go past my nearest one tomorrow so will stop by and see if they are still open and pick some blu's up if they are cheap enough.

90% off all stock when I was in. The ones above were priced at 12.00 and 10.00.

And where did the socks come from? They never used to sell them :)

My local |Blockbuster (Roneo Corner Romford) had a mixture of 70% or 40% off on all blu-rays yesterday evening. I bought Skyfall (with slipcase) new for £4.80, a massive bargain as it is still £15 most places including Amazon. I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about buying Wrath Of The Titans 3D and Jaws blu-rays so, as I wasn't working today, I went back this morning. Both titles had gone but it was now 70% off everything so got Mama (with slipcase) for £2.99 and E.T. for £2.39, both new. Various other blus at bargain prices too but nothing to interest me. They also had very cheap HDMI cables and the already mentioned Thinsulate socks, gloves and hats. Crates of soft drinks and sweets at low prices. All the shelves and stands were for sale too.
I popped in there yesterday. Bought a few titles but nothing major. Did get Bourne legacy for £2.40 which I was pleased with. Also got bio shock (new one) for £10.50 plus some other crap blu rays :) everything was 70% off.

I did laugh at how bad after earth was as they had about 6 copies which they couldn't sell even with 70% off ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom