• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Block paving/wall installed in winter?

Tango

Established Member
I think I gonna agree on a quote and they can install in next February.

Is this a bad idea due frost and wet ground?
I image it be more expensive quote in the summer

Any advice will be welcome

:)

pxr5

Established Member
I had my block paving done Jan 2010 when there was still snow on the ground and freezing most nights. Didn't to seem to make a blind bit of difference except to the 3 poor guys doing the work being consatntly cold. At one point though, all the melting snow drained down to where they were trying to put a soak-away and it just kept filling up, so one weekend I spent ages draining all the water out for them (with a bucket). That had nothing to do with the paving though which still looks as good as it did now as when they first did it. I had a wall built too, but the frost one night meant the cement didn't set properly, but they simply did it again. I'd say go for it as it will be a lot cheaper than spring/summer and it keeps guys in work over the quiet period.

mjn

Distinguished Member
We got ours done in Jan or Feb, can't remember which, and there isn't a problem.

In fact, as it was winter, we got a cheaper price.

Tango

Established Member
I had my block paving done Jan 2010 when there was still snow on the ground and freezing most nights. Didn't to seem to make a blind bit of difference except to the 3 poor guys doing the work being consatntly cold. At one point though, all the melting snow drained down to where they were trying to put a soak-away and it just kept filling up, so one weekend I spent ages draining all the water out for them (with a bucket). That had nothing to do with the paving though which still looks as good as it did now as when they first did it. I had a wall built too, but the frost one night meant the cement didn't set properly, but they simply did it again. I'd say go for it as it will be a lot cheaper than spring/summer and it keeps guys in work over the quiet period.

Thanks.

I will probably go ahead. I did a lot of research on them and they gave me the some addresses. I have read about frost etc. and they even said if its too cold they delay it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom