Block Changes To Your Mail Accounts (Find My iPhone)

Reaction score
Yes. The title says it all.
For those of you who were saying "if you lose your phone then the person who finds it can just turn off the mobile me account making the find my iPhone feature useless" ur wrong!

If you go to settings>general>restrictions you can block changes to all your mail accords meaning that the person who finds the phone won't be able to turn the MobileMe account off without your restrictions password :smashin:

Brilliant didn't know that option existed funny the things you miss

cheers will take a look but it could have been made a little easier to find this out:smashin:

nice work mate. would be good if apple told people about it. I didn't even know this existed.

So when you enter your pass code, do you turn mail account on or off to stop someone turning find my phone off. :confused:

Ok sorted it, you turn mail account off. :smashin:

So when you enter your pass code, do you turn mail account on or off to stop someone turning find my phone off. :confused:

Your mail account(s) won't be turned off. All you are doing is blocking changes to them, so in this case the MobileMe account can't be turned off, because if it does then the find my iPhone feature won't work.
Hope I Answered your question

Your mail account(s) won't be turned off. All you are doing is blocking changes to them, so in this case the MobileMe account can't be turned off, because if it does then the find my iPhone feature won't work.
Hope I Answered your question

Thanks, what I meant was turn the mail account tab in restrictions on or off. I now know it should be off, but thanks for the info. :smashin:

Thanks, what I meant was turn the mail account tab in restrictions on or off. I now know it should be off, but thanks for the info. :smashin:

:facepalm: i didnt know thats what you meant haha
you are welcome though mate :thumbsup:

What happens if you simply turn the phone off?

u can't find it but the idea is if some1 finds an iPhone they will want to use it and not just keep it off. if I lose my phone the best thing will be to remote wipe. job done.

So does find my phone use the phone or the sim to find the phone. ?

Does this also stop the phone being wiped using either "restore factory settings" or via iTunes then?

I've always wondered what people expect to do when they find the location of their phone. If it's been left in a pub or something, fine. But if the GPS leads you to the bottom of a dank stairwell to a flat containing your iPhone's burglar?

I've always wondered what people expect to do when they find the location of their phone. If it's been left in a pub or something, fine. But if the GPS leads you to the bottom of a dank stairwell to a flat containing your iPhone's burglar?

Call the police?

When you say password so the phone can't be used on someone elses PC, is that the same password that will lock the phone or something different?

Right, so I don't have the unlock password set up on mine (used to, but it annoyed the hell out of me having to tap it in every single time I wanted to see if I had an email etc) so now the only password on it is the one discussed in the OP - the one for restrictions. Having set that password, all the mail options are greyed out, hence the MobileMe account can't be turned off.

With the above in mind - can the iPhone be reset to factory settings, either directly on the handset or on via iTunes?

Because if it can, surely setting a password for the restrictions is totally pointless as the first thing someone would do if they "found" an iPhone is plug it into iTunes, wipe it and start afresh

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom