Bliss (Amazon) Movie Review & Comments

What a shame. Was waiting for the avf review as I saw this pop up and thought it had some vanilla sky pretensions that intrigued me. Might as well just watch that again instead. I agree about the teenage philosophising. It's all a bit naff.

Thanks Tom. I was also hopeful for this, but I've now demoted it from an evening watch to a cold, wet afternoon filler (So, basically any day in the next couple of weeks!)

As soon as I discovered this I thought "Owen and Hayek?" Didn't feel like it was going to work and you confirm that.

A shame, but I'll delete it from the list. No need to waste any time with this.

Cheers.

So people were looking forward to it...somebody on the internet doesn't like it....so you're not going to watch now.... Bizarre!

So people were looking forward to it...somebody on the internet doesn't like it....so you're not going to watch now.... Bizarre!

Please don't read the reviews before watching movies.

I would recommend your next movies be the last 20 films from Bruce Willis.

Please don't prejudge them from anything said on the internet.

Judge for yourself.

And then, if you'd like to save hours of your life again, perhaps don't come to a review site where people share their opinions and try to erase the validity of said opinions.

Or, move on to Seagal's last 20 films. Then Mickey Rourke. Repeat until you're ready.

Believe me, @Tom Davies just saved me two hours of my life. Which I then used to write a review of Willis' Anti-Life. But I won't tell you about that because you don't want to know.

Bizarre indeed!

ryan.gif

I started on this last night but struggled to get past 30 minutes. I was going to have another crack at it this weekend, but Tom's review hasn't really inspired confidence...

There's actually some element of wisdom in this statement (you're welcome! :rotfl: ) even if you did just post it with a knowing smile! A lot of the time I tend to skim reviews (on here and elsewhere), see what the concluding paragraph says and then decide if it's possibly something worth watching. It's not a fool proof plan, and I am indeed the fool to prove that, but it can give me a bit of a steer.

If only they actually were his last movies... :)

Anyway I think this film may be mentally put to one side for, as @Evinger said, a rainy day. Just a little narked that it's in UHD and Greenland wasn't! :D

Guys, I love all of you, truly. This feels like everyone is having a bad day, and with the current lockdowns in our Countries, I completely get it.
So I am just going to share this with you & I hope it makes everyone smile.

Please don't prejudge them from anything said on the internet.

Judge for yourself.

And then, if you'd like to save hours of your life again, perhaps don't come to a review site where people share their opinions and try to erase the validity of said opinions.

Or, move on to Seagal's last 20 films. Then Mickey Rourke. Repeat until you're ready.

Believe me, @Tom Davies just saved me two hours of my life. Which I then used to write a review of Willis' Anti-Life. But I won't tell you about that because you don't want to know.

Bizarre indeed!
Frankly as a representative of the Forum whether it be as a volunteer or not I think your reply is childish and unprofessional.

There is validity to casjens message whether you agree or not, and mocking that opinion, in your position is wrong.

I have to agree to a certain extent, bypassing a film (as richp007 said he would) because a total stranger on the internet said its not great (in their opinion) is quite bizarre to me too.

I don't get why you and Tom have taken such umbrage, and I think your reply is pathetic frankly ..

... You going to mock and criticise me now too ? or let your tribe of followers do it for you?

Frankly as a representative of the Forum whether it be as a volunteer or not I think your reply is childish and unprofessional.

There is validity to casjens message whether you agree or not, and mocking that opinion, in your position is wrong.

I have to agree to a certain extent, bypassing a film (as richp007 said he would) because a total stranger on the internet said its not great (in their opinion) is quite bizarre to me too.

I don't get why you and Tom have taken such umbrage, and I think your reply is pathetic frankly ..

... You going to mock and criticise me now too ? or let your tribe of followers do it for you?
Obviously I offer my apologies to you and to the original poster for any offence caused. Hopefully those who have come across me on the forums or in my writing before would realise it was meant in good fun.
It also goes without saying that all opinions are welcome on my reviews and everywhere on AVF (within the rules of moderation).

I love alternate reality and world within a world sci-fi so gave this a shot. But it fails to hold the attention from either an intriguing sci-fi perspective or as a love story. Below average so 4/10 for me.

Reminds me I need to watch Ascension and The Thirteenth Floor again.

Usual rules apply I guess....
Start watching a movie/series, and if you don't like it, check out early. Simples.
Gone are the days when it cost you three or four quid to rent from block buster or a tenner to buy it, and you'd sit through the steaming pile of crap because your paid for it. Movies are ridiculously cheap now.
The other option is to find a few reviewers you value the opinion of and let them sit through steaming (streaming) piles of crap.

PS I'm mostly an individual:)

I quite enjoyed Glass to be fair.

A genuinely awful movie. Bliss is nowhere near the middle of the spectrum of movie quality, nearer 1.0 or 1.1. And does anyone really want to see Hayek portray a bag lady giving blowies and putting her finger in some guy's bum, or was it in her bum, or was the guy putting his finger in his own bum? It wasn't clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame will maybe give it watch Wilson is a good actor so is Hayek but let’s be fair there’s only two films worth watching Hayek in 😉

It's not bizarre in the slightest. You must know that reviews have been around for many many years, and have long helped influence people's viewing habits. The reviews here often help me decide if I'm going to watch something or not. As do the thoughts of other members in fact.

What's bizarre is a fuss being raised about it. And you should be directing equal anger at casjen for what could easily be considered a flippant remark that sparked it.

Absolutely dire movie, avoid at all costs. Wish I could get the time back.

Don't even need to read the review to know the answer to this one...

Bliss[1].jpg

Shame will maybe give it watch Wilson is a good actor so is Hayek but let’s be fair there’s only two films worth watching Hayek in 😉
My money's on Dogma and From Dusk till Dawn... Do I win a prize :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom