blinkin' fuming!!

Alun

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Took dog out for a walk straight from work to the local nature park, had a good couple of hours there , returned to my car to find it parked slightly different to how I left it.

During my abscence, someone decided to do a little modification to it...

Passenger door pushed in so far it wont open, rear passenger door pushed in, bottom sill creased, and no witnesses in a pretty busy carpark....

Called police, they came round pretty quickly, was really friendly but basically said there was no chance of findsing out who did it...

Rang insurance, who for once were very helpful, understanding and sympathetic:eek: then almost immediately bodyshop rang. Has to go in monday to be looked at, I'm not holding up much hope of it coming back, anyone know a good source for MG ZT-T spares....

Sorry to hear about that mate, its crappy!!! Hope it gets all sorted for you.

Very sorry to hear that.

When I worked in London some time ago,it was almost a regular thing to come back to the car after a busy weekend to find the windows smashed and the hole in the dash checked to make sure there really wasnt a radio in it.

Good job that insurance companies seem to accept damage as part of life and don't question it too much.....it shouldn't,but it still surprises me that someone will smash up the side of a car in broad daylight and drive off.

I've twice witnessed people bumping into cars in car parks. On both occasions, I wrote down the number of the car that did it, together with my phone number and left it behind the wiper on the damaged cars. As you can imagine, the owners were very grateful.

sounds bad what age and millage is it? to me sounds like a write off.

I've twice witnessed people bumping into cars in car parks. On both occasions, I wrote down the number of the car that did it, together with my phone number and left it behind the wiper on the damaged cars. As you can imagine, the owners were very grateful.
wish there were more people like you around in London :smashin:

...the best place to ask would probably be on Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club or MG-Rover.org Forums - Powered by vBulletin both of these are excellent, and have some knowledgeable people on board.

I would favour the latter but then I am biased.:D

The best course of action is to try and get any quotes done via an Xpart Service Centre as you will have more hope of trying to obtain any panels (this may still be a problem), Xpart also operate service called “Close Call” that has reportedly a good success of stopping MGR cars from being written off.

Rang insurance, who for once were very helpful, understanding and sympathetic:eek:

Working in the industry (I may be biased) but 99% of advisors (in reputable companies) are understanding and will try and help...they can have a difficult job imagine getting a call from a distraught relative after a fatal...I've listened to some of these calls and am glad I don't have to take them.

I would say though some customer's could do with a reality check when it comes to making a claim (or at least reading their policy booklet)...I remember seeing a complaint from a customer because their replacement vehicle didn't have heated front seats!

The image problem insurance companies have is like most things the vast majority of claims that are quickly/efficiently settled don't make good stories, so it's nice to hear (whichever company it is) are doing what they can for you....

Last edited:
I would favour the latter but then I am biased.:D

The best course of action is to try and get any quotes done via an Xpart Service Centre as you will have more hope of trying to obtain any panels (this may still be a problem), Xpart also operate service called “Close Call” that has reportedly a good success of stopping MGR cars from being written off.

LOL, I post on the former!

Thanks for all the coments guys, I just needed to blow off some steam.

This is what it looks like

IMG_8885.jpg

pic makes it look not too bad, but the sill is in, not looking too good.

Paid £6K for it 6 months ago, done just under 2000 miles, new tyres last week, discs and pads a couple of months earlier.....

Cheers

Alun

:eek: And to think I was annoyed when someone scratched the door on my ZS in the works car park.

Rimmer brothers in Lincoln have a good stock of MGR parts, would be worth giving them a try.

There's also www.xpowerforums.com that you missed of your list.

I love my car and althought it's possibly not a constructive post, just wanted to say I can feel your pain.

this is becoming a national epidemic my wife had her rear wing stoved in at an asda car park and i had the complete nearside of my former CTR taken out a couple of years ago

no notes of course .... :mad:

It happens a lot, someone backed into our Freelander and drove off too. I am not sure what will happen with this bump, it could be written off due to the lack of availablility of spare parts and genuine replacement panels.

Well its now in the hands of the insurers. Car is at the body shop, and I have a rather fantastic 1.2 skoda fabia to trundle round in for a couple of days.

Not a bad little car, but not very practical in comparison.

Guy reckons I was lucky to get it as they normally dish out kia picantos!!

Dog is gutted, hes not allowed in it as they have had complaints from allergy sufferers in the past...

Should know more in a couple of days.......

Cheers

Alun

As soon as the dismantlers licence comes through for me I will be investing in a lot of old Rover MG cars for breaking.

Last edited:
Its been written off.

estimate of £3950 for repair work.

Waiting for a settlement offer now, going to try and get the car back and sell for parts.

Quite sad:(

Cheers

Alun

What was the damage looks like 2 doors and a mirror.

Plus kinked sill and twisted 'b' pillar. enough to lift a corner of the bonnet, cause the tops of the doors to touch and a gap in the top of the back door big enough to get your hand in:eek:

hdsport said:
...edit...
The image problem insurance companies have is like most things the vast majority of claims that are quickly/efficiently settled don't make good stories, so it's nice to hear (whichever company it is) are doing what they can for you....

I'll shine all glory on them gladly, if they make me a decent enough offer!

Cheers

Alun

Last edited:
Not sure how easily you'll be able to buy it back, the insurers have contracts with salvage auction companies now who take the car and sell it to dismantlers and traders who will be able to repair it.

Sounds about right :(

When some bitch drove into my car (her renault badge was hovering over the white lane markings she was THAT far over on my side of the road!!) she accepted liability at the time, but then lied to the insurance company saying it was due to a narrow road... it ended up going 50/50 because I had no witnesses, even though I proved with photographs the road was not narrow and she never said it was my fault!

£1500 damage, front drivers side wing creased quite badly, wing mirror taken out, drivers door creased quit badly and my front alloy was covered in black rubber.

Every time I think about it I end up actually clench fisted angry about it - people nowadays just can not pluck up the courage to do the right thing anymore.

I really feel for you mate, luckily my car wasn't written off and the damage has only made my door creak ever so slightly when opening and closing. If I see her again though, I will make sure I write my car off when I run her off the road so specatularly her renault badge becomes a permanent feature on the white road markings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111

RANT OVER!

Not sure how easily you'll be able to buy it back, the insurers have contracts with salvage auction companies now who take the car and sell it to dismantlers and traders who will be able to repair it.

Generally customers can buy back CAT C/D vehicles before the salvage agents take the vehicle...the insurance will (depending on the PAV and amount of damage) deduct an amount from the settlement in respect of salvage.

Last edited:
took some photos in the daylight

2958257120_06b7a2c94b.jpg

2958257924_0fb0142e06.jpg

funnily enough, I like the reflections in the passenger door......

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom