Blinkbox on Samsung UE6530

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by panaman, Dec 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi

I have recently taken delivery of this fantastic TV, but I am having trouble getting Blinkbox to work.

I have set up the smart hub, and I can browse through all the content, but but when I try and watch anything on all I get is a huge "Blinkbox" across the screen with "ad break loading" across the bottom with a bar graph sat at 0%

At the moment I am only trying to view the free content. I do have a £50 Blinkbox freebie voucher to use, but thought I would try the free stuff first.

I thought maybe it was the TV, but this is a replacement one as the first had a warped back panel and that did exactly the same.

Has anyone managed to get theirs working? Along with the BBC iPlayer problems I do not seem to be having much luck with the part of the TV I was looking forward to messing with :(

Other than the above problems I LOVE this TV :smashin:

2. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Am I the only one having this trouble?

All the other online features work including the other movie rental app 'MediaMax'

I have updated to the latest firmware and reset the smart hub, yet I still have this and the BBC iPlayer problem :(

3. CreaTure

CreaTure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm having trouble getting my code to redeem the buy function.

It makes the rentals free but won't allow me to purchase, yet it says in the email i can Buy or Rent !!!!

4. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I managed to email Blinkbox (Tesco) tech support and they came back quite quickly. They are aware of the problems and are working with Samsung and are waiting for Samsung to release an update.

Hope the update is better than the one for the iplayer as mine still isn't working :-(

5. CreaTure

CreaTure

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hope so, as i found a different problem now... Redeeming the code via the TV actually causes my TV to crash and reboot.... ?

If i do it online its fine,well apart from i cant purchase anything, i can only Rent,but via the TV it just crashes

6. Tomky

Tomky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just picked up the 40" version of this today from comet, got to say I am blown away by the HD picture quality!

I simply turned it on connected the internet settings and it then ran an update, let it do that and have just paid for the kids to watch kungfu panda 2 on blinkbox working fantastically, no stalling or blocking, has played all the way through, very impressed must say better than my apple tv!

Steve

7. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Have you tried to watch any of the free content on Blinkbox yet? That's what's not working on mine, so I haven't wanted to try the pay stuff yet, even though I have a £50 Blinkbox voucher.

8. Tomky

Tomky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Not tryed the free stuff yet but will do tomorrow and report back for you, I would think if the pay stuff works then the free stuff will too....

Can somebody here also clear something up for me please. I was looking at this TV and also an LG 550 Passive 3D and was talked out of the LG by the advisor as he said that in 3D the LG was lower resolution and therefore not as good at 3D. I am aware that Passive are lower resolution but have since heard that tis model of Samsung also uses a low resolution for 3D, ie both use 720p for 3D. Would really like to be 100% sure of my facts before I go and say something.

Thanks

9. PIM1

PIM1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sent mine back to comet after finding out it was lower resolution. They didn't know about it. Afterwords they said that the tv would be advertised differently in the future. I got the d8000 led which has banding so will be sorting that out aswell. Does your tv have banding ?

Cheers

10. PIM1

PIM1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Also waiting for my blinkbox £50 voucher. How do u get it is it a code in a email ?

11. Tomky

Tomky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just took mine back to comet for exactly same reason, got to say 3d was shocking and I mean really bad some videos were totally unwatchable! Funny how comet didn't question me at all think this issue is well know with them, and Samsung?

Swapped mine for the LG 550 passive, watched a blu ray off ps3 last night and it is awesome! Wish I had bought this one in the first place! 2d is not quite as good but very close and have to say overall leaps and bounds a better tv, would defo recommend it!

12. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    No banding on mine.

Not interested in 3D, tv just happened to have it. I have tried some of the samples via the smart hub though and quite enjoyed them, but a couple of minutes is enough for me.

I chose the 6500 because I don't like the 8000's silver bezel and high chrome stand.

13. PIM1

PIM1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok cheers for the reply will look into the lg if I don't get the banding sorted out.

14. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Still cant get Blinkbox to play any content. Browsing/serching ok, but just cant play anything :(

15. Hochrindl

Hochrindl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have got Blinkbox to play....after a fashion.

I have rented 3 films so far (using my £50 voucher):

1) Cowboys and Aliens played fine
    2) Syriana bufferred part way through, restarted from the pause point but sound was out of synch
    3) Bridesmaids played to within about 15 mins of the end, bufferred then wouldn't restart. Wife and daughter went berserk at me!

Basically the service is unusable. I reckon Tesco have bought a pup.

I hope Acetrax is better...just wish I'd chosen their voucher!

H

16. panaman

panaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Are you able to play any of the free content or trailers?

I can play Acetrax trailers fine, so like you I wish I had chosen that instead of Blinkbox.

17. Hochrindl

Hochrindl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trailers and free stuff seem ok but I haven't watched them for such long durations obviously. So the same fault may lurk within them. I've written to Blinkbox and hope they'll get their proverbials in gear. Otherwise I'll be off to Acetrax.

(I should add that I came to this thread via a search for Blinkbox. My TV is a D8000)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012