Blinds for Velux windows

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any recommendations for simple to use, attractive, not expensive but decent quality blinds for Velux Windows? Either from Velux themselves or elsewhere.

I've got these lovely windows above my desk (at home, I work from home).

ImageUploadedByAVForums1466004758.615402.jpg

They're about 10ft above me and at this time of the afternoon, at this time of year they are doing this:

ImageUploadedByAVForums1466004829.249180.jpg

Which is making staring at my screen a bit difficult, because of this
ImageUploadedByAVForums1466004870.653151.jpg

So don't want to spend a fortune but need something. I've actually got 6 windows to do, but these two are the most urgent. Looking on various websites there's a million different types & it's utterly confusing as to where they fit & how you use them from 10ft under (I have a Velux pole). So any advice would be appreciated.

Something in this sort of net material would be preferred, it would match my French door blinds & do the job.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1466005091.665907.jpg

I have the velux blackout blinds. Five mins to fit and work easily. I use the velux pole to open and close them, as the same as yours they are about 10 foot up.
I got them in orange from a online building company, a fair bit cheaper than on the velux blinds store.

John...

Fortunately I've only got one velux window, so I went for the real deal

Blackout Roller, 4561 Dark Purple - VELUX Loft Blind

But I think there's lots of cheaper versions, but I didn't want something that would break because it's then money wasted and a product that you can't reach to open and close if it doesn't work properly. I also have the extending velux pole and that means it can be operated easily with no issues.

Gadget alert!

VELUX DSL CK01 0705 Solar Powered Blackout Blind - 550x698mm - Grey « Condell Ltd

Not cheap, but cool as ....

I have the velux blackout blinds. Five mins to fit and work easily. I use the velux pole to open and close them, as the same as yours they are about 10 foot up.
I got them in orange from a online building company, a fair bit cheaper than on the velux blinds store.

John...

Thanks John, any idea where from?

Fortunately I've only got one velux window, so I went for the real deal

Blackout Roller, 4561 Dark Purple - VELUX Loft Blind

But I think there's lots of cheaper versions, but I didn't want something that would break because it's then money wasted and a product that you can't reach to open and close if it doesn't work properly. I also have the extending velux pole and that means it can be operated easily with no issues.

Gadget alert!

VELUX DSL CK01 0705 Solar Powered Blackout Blind - 550x698mm - Grey « Condell Ltd

Not cheap, but cool as ....

Whoa, tasty. So how do you activate it for opening/closing?

Thanks John.
Definitely don't want blackout, I need the natural light but without the glare. So I click back one step on that link & that's where my horror begins

"Did you know that we have the full range of 6,500 different genuine VELUX blind variations available for you to order today? "

I would take a look around at alternative brands too, I don't rate Velux blinds very highly after my experience with them.

I have two Velux windows in my attic bedroom and we have gone through four of the genuine Velux roller blinds that have all failed in the same way, the chord that pulls them closed went threadbare and jammed them up.

I replaced them with some non-Velux blinds from Amazon that cost less than half the price and they have been fine, they have so far outlived any of the genuine Velux blinds that I ever fitted and are sill going strong.

Whoa, tasty. So how do you activate it for opening/closing?

I have an official Velux Solar Powered Blackout blind on our stairwell window. It is attached to a Solar Powered Velux Window.

It is controlled with a wireless control pad. The control pad can control multiple Velux products both blinds and windows. Since we only have one powered window, the panel just opens and closes one window and one blind. You can group windows together and open and close them in groups. It's pretty cool. The control pad sits in a magnetic holder that you wall mount.

The house builder installed the powered window but I installed the blind and it was really easy.

Pic of the Velux Integra controller

2NRTqtH.png

Last edited:
Amazing, thanks. Must resist spending crazy money.........must resist

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom