Blind Dead box set

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Evening chaps,

Has anyone seen this series of movies??

Play currently have the box set for £15 delivered & I've always been curious about them so just wondered what you all thought before I take the plunge.

Are they worth the money or should I save it for something better?

Ta.

Neil

darklight

It's a nice set and while the first film in the series, TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD is pretty atmospheric it still looks cheap and nasty ( Sorry all you BLIND DEAD fans). After that the series goes way down hill.... I sold mine on Ebay. If you haven't seen them then I suppose £15 isn't too bad...

darklight

landofnod said:
The UK set of the BlindDead movies suffers from BBFC cuts so best to get the R1 set from Blue Underground

Completely over looked that fact. The version I originally had was the R1. Did they not restore teh cuts to the R2 release?

To tell you the truth the extra gore doesn't change my initial viewpoint. Thankfully though we all have different tastes or the World would be a boring pace....:thumbsup:

TarPot

I love this box set. The first two are great. The second is arguably better than the first. The third is a bit ropey and boring, but the forth was pretty good.
I have the region 1 version, but I'm told the cuts to Tombs on region 2 aren't too bad. It's cut on the rape scene, not gore.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Think I'll wait & try to hunt down a region 1 version then as I'd like to see the movies but I'd rather see them uncut.

Neil