1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blimey was this a bargain for a crt?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jrwood, Oct 16, 2001.

1. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    No explanation for the red run time. but indeed a bargin. Gone now.

Always check that if you buy a PJ from abroad that it will

A. Convert to 240 volts Some Barco's are not funny conversions.

B. Display PAL.

What would you do if it turned out to be a dud pay for it to be shipped back or pay for the repair here?

3. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it depends on how much of a bargain it was, although judging from the seller he seems as though he's looked after it by showing the picture of it installed in a decent room, the red has different amount of hours used on it because the red was replaced after a months use due to a problem with it.

Also if someone was selling a dud they wouldnt advertise something with their works email address as he has!. I dont think I would ever buy something like this unless it was local although admittedly all the bargains seem to be in the USA :(.

4. jlcrawford

jlcrawford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You must also remember that on USA purchases there is import duty and then VAT which turns out a 33% increase on the projector+shipping charge - I very nearly bought until I found out the Duty % on CRTs