1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blew up in my face!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by steroid, Jun 21, 2002.

1. steroid

steroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Panny about a week ago and have gone about remoddeling the whole room just to make it comforatable. Now everything is fine except for my DIY Component cable. Here's how it goes.

I wanted something special so to connect my Pioneer DV-533 to the ae100 I went out and bought 30-m of Comscope co-axial cable. The most expensive I could find in India. To this I soldered Vivanco RCA plugs. So now I have 10m of cable for each of the 3 component outs.

Upon connecting it played good for about 10 mins. Then some lines started to show on the in the middle of the screen. It looked like the bad tracking lines u see on VHS but only it is in the middle of the scrren instead of at the bottom. Then in another 2 mins the blue screen appeared for about 10 secs. then it went back to the picture. Then blue screen again in a few secs, then back to picture. This just continues. Now all this time the sound is perfect so no problem with the Disc. Plus I have tried many discs and this keeps happening.

Here are the things I have tried:

1) Tried various Discs (Not a problem with the disc)

2) Tried each of the 3 cables in the composite. They go on for whole movies. (Not a PJ problem, Not any of the cables problem)

3) Is the signal strength for Composite different from any of the single Components. I was thinking maybe the length was too long for a weak signal, so maybe the composite signal is stronger and hence travels well but a component signal is only 1/3 for each cable and hence breaks up due to the length.

Please Help.

2. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was the sound also interfered? If it was then the DVD is probably the culprit. If not, then it's the projector.

Did the refridgerator-pump (or any other motorized appliance) start while you were watching? That might cause a surge in the power to the projector which will give a horisontal "noise-line" much like that on a VCR.

Have you tried the projector after this?

I also use 10m component cables with no problems.

Tor Arne

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    I use 10 metre componant cables to my AE100 with no problems.

4. steroid

steroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried it with about 3-4 DVDs so that can't be the culprit. and I don't think a power surge is a problem because I switch immediatly to composite and it is fine there

5. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    Do you need to specify component output from the setup menu in your dvd player?

Check in the menu under output that it isnt set to rgb, think it has to be on s video or composite for component to work on a few players.

6. steroid

steroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No such option in the player menu

7. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wiggle the cable and conectors. Maybe you have a poor connection or solder.

Tor Arne