Blazing Angels

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Aardie, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Aardie

Aardie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok I have this on Preorder from UBI online shop. Question is I have seen that this is due for release on 24th March in the US but cruising the UK resellers they Have a release date of 30th March. Anyone clear on the release date for us Euroland Purchasers ?

From what I have gathered with GRAW the UBI Shop released it a little early and I am hoping for the same with Blazing Angels and lets hope it will be in my mits sometime this week :)

Regards

2. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Its down as 31st for UK (same as Far Cry). You wont get it much earlier from Ubi unless you fork out £15 for fedex

3. oldman100

oldman100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    game looks interesting I've pre-ordered from Amazon.

4. krlock2

krlock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    would be better with a cockpit view which it doesnt have.

5. oldman100

oldman100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170

didn't know that, but I've seen some vids of the gunner presumably on the Bombers etc which was cockpit view if you get the drift.

6. spanna

spanna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    i was originally interested in this and was gona preorder but after seeing some gameplay vids of it on xboxde im a bit worried about the massive framerate drops.
    So Im gona wait off for a review or demo or something, hopefully they will fix the probs before release.

7. oldman100

oldman100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    it kinda reminds me of Propeller Arena from AM2, dog-fighting game for the Dreamcast.

I so enjoyed that. :rolleyes:

8. krlock2

krlock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i know german!

kein cockpit aussicht = kein kauf fuer mich!!!

9. Chaplain

Chaplain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, i will indeed be upset if there are major FPS probs, but i suspect, if Dead Rising can manage 100 mutilated zombies on inside a very lush shopping mall brandashing a wide variety of house hold bits and pieces, BA should manage?

Can you really judge from gameplay videos anyway? The ones i say on IGN and Gamespot really didnt show any problems at all.

Very excited about this game. Im normally more towards simulation fan when it comes to flight, but the multiplayer aspect of this title will be superb im sure. Squad based dogfighting around the Eiffel Tower... need i say more?

10. norealplan

norealplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
    In 360 gamer mag from last month, they say they didn't see any slowdown at all.

The preview said:

They liked:
    -Effective Controls
    -Marvellous sky battles
    -High skies entertainments

What they didn't like:
    - Little too straightforward?
    -Arcadey focus my isolate some

11. oldman100

oldman100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    and no mention of slow down here unless I've missed it.

LINKY

12. Volvo

Volvo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Also dont buy from UBI,go else where and save yourself a tenner.

13. scoo

scoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    From moneysavingexpert.com...

Hello all,

Save a few quid here hopefully. You can get the game for £34.99 all in. Here is how.

Go to http://www.blazing-angels.com (the official site for the game).

Click to go to the 'mini-game'. This will open a new window.

Once the game loads click buy now and you will be presented with an option to 'pre-order' (although it came out today), the game for £34.99p inc postage.

Hope someone finds this useful. The cheapest I could find anywhere else (although I haven't looked very much) is £39.99p.

Thanks.

14. internetuser

internetuser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
  15. kidgloves

kidgloves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Thanks for that

16. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,316
  17. spanna

spanna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Ive played live and its very good. They could have made it a bit more exciting though by maybe making it more personal like on Burnout revenge or by pointing out who is an Ace or something like that.

I didnt see any lag though and I was playing yanks.
    The only slight problem is i didnt notice who was speaking.
    Im not sure if thats cus it doesnt flash anything up or its cus I was looking in the wrong place though.

18. Phil Harris

Phil Harris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this review on Amazon a few days ago, hoping I might save someone a few quid. Its hasn't appeared yet, so I thought I might put it here....

Blazing Angels
    I stopped playing it after 20 minutes, and I very much doubt I will bother playing it again.
    The reasons are in order of annoyance….

1. The game starts with a training segment, supposedly at an English airfield in 1940. An American farm boy character (???) guides you through the flying controls, you of course play an American, and guess what? Your first mission is to rescue an American pilot in trouble…. How much research would it have taken to know that the Americans were not even in the war at this time? I am aware that there were some volunteer pilots, but really this is a terrible insult to the people who actually did fight through this difficult period of the war.

2. The flight controls of the aircraft are really very bad indeed. The turn rates, roll rates and climb characteristics are totally inaccurate. There is no indication of airspeed whatsoever, which makes any type of realism impossible to achieve. The weapons seem to require no deflection at all, so aiming in front of a moving target causes you to miss it. Deflection shooting ability was the factor that separated the great combat pilots from the mediocre, to leave this skill factor out ruins the game completely.

3. Why on earth did they program dreadful German accents to come across the speakers during dogfights? How is that supposed to happen? Every few seconds, I am not kidding, a voice like Herr Fritz from Hello Hello says “The Fuhrer will be displeased” or, “you shoot worse than you fly”. I heard these same phrases at least 20 times in the 3 or 4 minutes I could stand to play an actual mission. As this appears as text on the screen as well as the ludicrous voice, its impossible to ignore.

4. Graphics are not really very good at all…. I had a game called Janes WW2 fighters, which ran on my PC in 1998, and the graphics were far superior to this. I very much doubt the abilities of the 360 have been even slightly exploited in this game.
    In conclusion, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to play this, perhaps an 8 year old, whose parents don't mind him growing up with bigoted stereotypes and a woefully inaccurate sense of history.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but it was originally meant as an Amazon review.

19. SagaLout

SagaLout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I love 'proper' flight sims, but you have to take this game for what it is - its just a pick up and play arcade blast. Its not supposed (I hope!) to in any way reflect a simulation. I do agree with the voice acting though - its awful apart from one or two moments which are actually quite funny. I think the whole game is going for a comedy slant, which seems innapropriate at times, especially some of the taunting in the pearl harbour mission from the japanese pilots as they strafe the sailors in the sea! I think the developers should maybe have considered that they are basing the missions on real theaters and events, even if the actual physics are pure arcade.

That aside though, I actually quite enjoy the game. For a quick pick up and play blast its good fun. The ground attack missions with rockets are great, and the graphics are functionally decent with one or two clangers which just add to the comedy.

20. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Same here. It really is a great big pile of steamy cack. I was really looking forward to it, and reviews have generally been reasonably favourable... Don't know what game they were playing, but it sure wasn't the one I've got here!

Absolutely awful, awful game.

21. kenko

kenko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I played this the other day with one of my mates and I must admit we really got into it.

Five hours solid trying to complete missions together, it was really enjoyable.

If you want an easy going arcade style game then I really think this is good fun. Haven't played it as one player yet, but can't wait to team up again, just need a bit more practice.

22. spanna

spanna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    yep i have to agree kenko & sagalout.

Its a good blast em game. When theres about 30 planes on the screen and there going all over the place its excellent.

Anyone wanting a flight sim on the 360 then dont look at this game because its not one.

The only gripe I have (excluding the "get this goof off my back") is I would have liked an option to turn on mid air collisions.

23. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am enjoying this game and it looks superb too...:smashin:

24. Phil Harris

Phil Harris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks superb?
    I realise this is a matter of opinion, but to me this game looks truly awful.
    Graphically it is inferior to PC games available years ago. The aircraft just look wrong.
    If you can find it, try Janes WWII fighters. The planes are easy to fly, but realistic and you have a choice of views, including from inside the cockpit.
    That game was released in 1998! I still think it makes Blazing Angels look absolutely dreadful.
    I am playing the game on a 50" Sagem HDTV, I don't know if thats why it looks so bad, but everything else I have bought so far looks great on it.

25. oldman100

oldman100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I've got to agree as well, think I must have been a Muppet to have bought it in the first place.

It's really not that good. :rolleyes:

26. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :laugh: :D

Yep that is probably why, although running the game on my PC with an ATI X1900XTX graphics card with all features turned on it does look alot better than the 360's...

27. Gooner DK

Gooner DK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Im only two medals away from getting the achievemment for all medals but im stuck on Rabual Raid and Berlin. Berlin i will be able to do in the end. Has anyone got any tips for Rabual? Ive only completed the level once and that took ages. Dont even know how i got past the first checkpoint as i didnt do anything different to what i usually do and the bombers youve got to protect just go down like flies. Also how do you get the Ace of Aces achievemment!?

Any help would be appreciated guys !!! :)