1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blaze VGA Adaptor problems

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Frankeh, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I connect my Projector with my Computer and I choose as input: "Computer" and in a secondary input option: "RGB Analog" (the other option is RGB SCART) everything works as I want it to be! No color problems at all.. BUT

Actually it isn't the PC I want to connect through VGA.. I want to connect my PlayStation 2 through VGA with my PJ (I have a VGA adaptor for that)
    I had the same problem with the PlayStation 2 (compared to the PC) with the first cable, it was all in blue

So I connected my PS2 with the Blaze VGA adaptor and the VGA Adaptor with my PJ through the VGA cable..

(first you have to know something: in the PS2 settings you can choose between "RGB" or "Y-Pb-Pr" I know the second one is component.. when you connect your PS2 with component cables you logically need to choose Y-Pb-Pr as video option, if it's running in RGB mode you won't see anything..)

I put the settings on RGB and the PJ input: Computer --> RGB SCART
    I have all the colors BUT it looks like it isn't making good contact.. as in: the screen isn't standing still, it's constantly shuddering (you guys know what I'm talking about) BUT I did everything, I blew into the contacts, I even make them clean with a special product made for cleaning contacts etc and it didn't help!

With the first cable I didn't have anything on my screen.. but with this new cable I have, but as I just said above..

When I try the setting "Y-Pb-Pr" (on my ps2) and (like above) RGB SCART
    I just got everything in green, not just a green screen.. I see my game but its all in green colors (dark greens, lighter greens etc) I had the same problem like with the other VGA cable, but with that one it was blue...

djezes what the fudge is that? Can someone help me?

PS: When i choose Analog RGB I get nothing on my screen.

PS: Don't ask me why I'm trying to connect my PS2 through VGA, it's because the blaze adaptor is capable of showing higher resolutions.. I'd like to see if it's true

2. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Okay - thoughts

i) - that green colour is a classic symptom of sending component over a connection expecting RGB. Forget trying to use the adapter on component. However it does mean that it's unlikely there is a problem with the connection.

I can think of three things that might be wrong:
    1 - you are using a game the Blaze adapter does not support
    2 - the PJ does not like whatever VGA resolution the adapter is outputing - seems unlikely but I guess the blaze probably does 640x480 @ 50Hz - conceivable the PJ might only do 640x480@60hz
    3 - you have a slimline PS2 and the Blaze adapter turns out not to work with those (no idea if this is true - seems unlikely you would get a component picture, but still possible I guess)

Key thing to test is option 1 - it's best if you can find one of the games the adapter claims to support (the list on boot up). The original GTA works particularly well if you have that. Try a few games and see which, if any, work. If you test it with a supported game and still no picture I'd give up.

PS. If you can get the adapter to work it will genuinely, in some instance, produce a genuine 640x480 picture.