1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blaupunktWoodstock DAB 54

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by dhuskiss, Mar 16, 2005.

1. dhuskiss

dhuskiss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All. I've seen a couple of threads on this player. What's peoples opinions? I previosuly had a kenwood MP3 Cd player, kind of ok, but I got fed up with burning CDs so was really looking for something that had the option to put a usb stick in or a MMC card. This is really the only one I could find (I saw a couple of weird ones on ebay). So, interested to hear how it copes with mp3 on SD cards and if anyone has heard on another player that has similar functions.
    Cheers. David

2. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Don't know that one specifically but I have a Blaupunkt Seattle MP74 which is excellent. Build and sound beat all others in it's class. I'd recommend high end Blaupunkt to anyone :smashin:

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  4. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have the DAB53 and love it, haven't had any disc read problems and it does what it says :smashin:

It gave a very nice sound upgrade to the stock BMW headunit as well.

5. Richard5

Richard5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DAB53 for about a year now. Digital Radio is excellent, though the reading of MP3 cd's and MP3's from the MMC card could leave a lot to be desired.

MP3 CD's can take an age to load up (if at all), if the unit is then switched off and back on the MP3 CD will load up again from the begining (not where you finished listening to it!) and again if at all, sometimes it can be "Reading" the disk for 5 mins before it comes up with "Disc Error"

MP3's on the MMC also have the same problem, can take ages to read the MMC, if at all.

I did contact BlueSpot about this (and a few other niggles)after I bought it from them, as I had tested the CD's on a mates Sony in car player, and they work fine, loading in seconds and restarting from the original point when switched off. They replied with the follwoing

Which I think is rubbish, but couldn't be bothered to argue with them.

So overall very pleased (as I only really wanted DAB), maybe the newer ones are better at reading MP3's, I may find out when I upgrade :)

6. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477