Blaupunkt Nashville DAB 35 aerial question?

N

nikaso

Hi and thanks in advance for help!

I have just installed my new Nashville DAB35 with aerial and Blaupunkt ipod adapter, the DAB reception is fine until I plug in the ipod adapter to the head unit, then the reception disappears.

I rung Blaupunkt tech support and they thought it was because I was just powering the aerial from the head unit and when I plugged in the ipod adapter it drew the power away from the aerial thus losing reception?

This sounds feasible to me but I wondered what other people thought? Also where do I connect the red wire from the DAB aerial to make it powered? :lease:

flying haggis

Hi and thanks in advance for help!

I have just installed my new Nashville DAB35 with aerial and Blaupunkt ipod adapter, the DAB reception is fine until I plug in the ipod adapter to the head unit, then the reception disappears.

I rung Blaupunkt tech support and they thought it was because I was just powering the aerial from the head unit and when I plugged in the ipod adapter it drew the power away from the aerial thus losing reception?

This sounds feasible to me but I wondered what other people thought? Also where do I connect the red wire from the DAB aerial to make it powered? :lease:

power the DAB aerial from the connection usually used for the powering of an electric aerial, then when the head unit is off the aerial amplifier will also be off
and i find it hard to believe that plugging in your ipod will take the power away from the aerial unless there is a problem with the ipod or the wiring

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom