Blast From The Past

mjn

Distinguished Member
Just sorting through a few boxes and came across this.....

VHS Widescreen as well :D ......and look at the price! :eek:

Last edited:

IAN P

Novice Member
Better not post those Laserdisc prices then.

£18.49 might've got you 1 side of the disc.:D

dUnKle

Better not post those Laserdisc prices then.

£18.49 might've got you 1 side of the disc.:D
All mine (with exception of my Indy, Star Wars and Natural Born Killers box sets) are in my parents attics and had a big :eek: when sorting through them and remembering the prices paid

loads at £30 and £40 +

Mind love my Die Hard 3 with gatefold sleeve and may actually look at framing some more of them

Steven

Senior Moderator
I own a copy of Happy Gilmore/Big Daddy on VHS. To watch the latter you have to wind the tape to the guesstimated point :cool:

mjn

Distinguished Member
For the cost of postage, somebody can have the VHS if they want it :devil: :D

IronGiant

It's a bit like Betamax, but not as good... :D

mjn

Distinguished Member
I've found a copy of Jackie Chan's Crime Story as well, no idea if its widescreen though ROFL

mattclarkie

Novice Member
Soon we will look back at those double sided DVDs where one side of 4:3 and the other is 16:9 and laugh. Wait, that time is already here.

SBT

Banned
I remember my uncle buying 'Enter the dragon' and 'American werewolf in London' on vhs when they first came out.And iirc they were both £60+ :eek:

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Our first VHS rental was Clash Of The Titans, it was a great moment in my life.

I still have over 300 VHS films in the roof, including some rather naughty ones which my children will no doubt unearth as they go through our stuff after we have died!

Bill Hicks

Banned
I remember in the early 80's when I used to go round my cousins house (cos he was the only person I knew who had a video recorder) and watching video nasties! The Exorcist, I spit on your Grave, Driller Killer, Last house on the Left etc.
I also remember he had a couple of Electric Blue videos!
Anyone remember them? :devil:

Speedoguy

Novice Member
Our first VHS rental was Clash Of The Titans, it was a great moment in my life.

I still have over 300 VHS films in the roof, including some rather naughty ones which my children will no doubt unearth as they go through our stuff after we have died!
Was our first rental film as well ( well mum or dad rented it as I was a kid ) , but on betamax :oops: :laugh:

SBT

Banned
I remember in the early 80's when I used to go round my cousins house (cos he was the only person I knew who had a video recorder) and watching video nasties! The Exorcist, I spit on your Grave, Driller Killer, Last house on the Left etc.
Anyone remember them? :devil:
I remember the same.Friend of mine parents used to get them and we would watch all the nasties when they were out.Think we were only about 10 :eek:

Used to have two blokes come round with a car full of pirate videos £1 for the week! bargain :laugh:

Speedoguy

Novice Member
Anyone remember them?
:devil:
Sure do fella, think one in particular I remember was a big norked blond soaping herself in the shower , then her friend pops in a gives her a hand with the wash which she seemed to appreciate . Which was nice. :devil: :laugh: -

pretty soft core stuff now looking back but did the job at the time :smashin:

RPupkin

My mate still buys vhs. Local charity shops sell 15 for £1 lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

NAD Launches CI 16-60 DSP Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett