Blast from the past-HItachi 32PD3000

shahedz

Distinguished Member
just entering the world of plasma- a bit late and with an old model but its an improvement to what i have now.

I am expecting delivery on wednesday, i understand the unit can take a feed of up 1280 X 1024 or 1024 X 768 , or 800 X 600 . or 640 X 480

can i get an upscaling DVD player and will this show an improvement of a normal DVD player, also the figures above are through the VGA socket,i understand it can only accpet Hidef via the VGA socket, does anyone know the cheapest way to do this besides connecting a PC to it

or does anyone know if i can use the samsung DVD -HD860 , and is there a HDMI converter to VGA to connect to the TV ?

Cheers chaps. go easy with me i am onlu just entering the world of Hi Def

camorra

Hi there :D

I don't know know if the 32PD3000 has a DVI input :confused: In that case you can go with that and an hdmi to dvi cable ;) Though, even if that model has a DVI input it wont be HDCP compliant :cool: I think :rolleyes:

As regards an hdmi to vga convertor, it is a pretty expensive option and if I were in your shoes I would opt for a good dvd player with excellent component output :thumbsup: Denon DVD1720 perhaps?? :D

Hope this helps :hiya:

shahedz

Distinguished Member
HI

thanks for your help. it only has VGA and the component doesnt accept hi def :( doing some research here it looks the only way to do it is to buy a HDMI box to VGA which is £150!! i bought the TV for £175 so not to keen to do that, was wondering if you could get a component to VGA cable and feed that HI def?

camorra

Hehe, quite a cheap buy :thumbsup: :rotfl:

I would choose a good 480p/576i component output dvd player :smashin: It will do a good job ;) The tv has its upscaling function too :cool:

Cheers :hiya:

manc

Standard Member
My Hitachi 42pma400e (the same screen but a display only unit, no media box) ran hidef sources over component quite well considering, just rescaled to 1024x512, which becomes 1024x1024 with the ALIS panel.

I used no upscaling equipment but did use a pc and xbox 360 to display hidef.

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
You can absolutely play HD through component, unless the TV itself has some bizarre limitation.

Don't see why the Yamada wouldn't work with that screen though.

MAW

Banned
You need to make sure it outputs a proper VGA signal, as the VGA does not accept video resolutions or refresh rates. 60Hz only IIRC, which is going to give you frame rate conversion judder, as it tries to align 50 FPS with the 60Hz refresh rate. Not a good idea, stick with a component output normal player like Camorra says. The HDMI to VGA idea, same problem, it won't work at anything useful.

M

MICKYG

Hi

There are loads of threads of how people have got HD working with this set and I can definetly vouch for the solution as I have it working, and gives excellent results.

You can only get HD through VGA by using a convertor. The component route just give you standard definition. Lektropaks vision fc2 or the cheaper fc4 will do the job perfectly. Through VGA the set does accept 1080i at 50 hz (no need frame rate convert 60hz).

Hope this clarifies things, for further background info have a look through some of the older threads.

MICKYG

shahedz

Distinguished Member
cheers for your replies chaps, i searched through quite a few threads here and found the only way forward was using a letropacks HDMI to VGA converter. the thing is because i only paid £175 for the TV ( second hand) not too keen on paying £150 for a converter, so was hoping there was a way to do it from VGA-hence the DVD player with a VGA in put.

From the threads i have read so far, i was under the impression it couldnt take hi def via component:confused:

will try to find a DVD player that outputs at 1080 at 50hz

ash

Have you recieved your TV yet? Maybe wait and see how your current player performs with it. And using an upscaler will not make the picture better neccesarily, e.g. a Denon 1930 outputting 576p might be fine.
Correct me if I am wrong.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
cheers lads , got the TV , got it so cheap so not too keen on buying a letropack kit, the DVD quality ( i have an old Pioneer 525) is not great at all so i am pretty desperate to rescale!

i think i may just experiement with a upscaling DVD player with a VGA out , cheers fellas

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution