1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blanking plates in non-white

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by topperdoggle, May 4, 2005.

1. topperdoggle

topperdoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  2. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    B&Q do a range of blanking plates in different finishes, I plan to use these to make my own. Have a look HERE most designs have a blank available. Then it's just a case of drilling for the relevant connections.

3. topperdoggle

topperdoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Interesting. Do you run the cable straight through or do you affix sockets to the plates? If so, where do you get the individual sockets from?

4. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    I haven't done mine yet - I'm still waiting for building regs approval on the house so the cinema room/spare bedroom is a good few months away yet! - but I will be buying the rca sockets etc.. and fitting them to the blanks. I did think about passing the cable through grommets fitted into the blanks so as to save on extra connections and poorly soldered (by me :rolleyes: ) joints, but that may prove a little tricky with the size of some of the connectors fitted to the cables. I may just use plates for the speaker wires, as i haven't planned where the equipment will go yet.

Have a look at Roguey's thread he has made his own plates using blanks.

There are some connectors available on the nexxia site you mention, but a quick google should find some more suppliers. It is important to make sure that the connectors are insulated from the plate if you use a metal one, it would be a shame to put a lot of work in and end up shorting the connections.