Blanked out HDTV settings on display - new tv?

D

DrClaw

I've just set up the 360 on my new 32WLT68 and I can't figure out why the HDTV settings are blanked out? The tv is definately hd but I can't see the option to set the xbox to 720 resolution which would match the tv?
any ideas...

C

captain chunk

there is a switch on the HD cable, it will be set to SD, set it to HD and everything will be fine ( i made the same mistake)

chunk

D

DrClaw

i've got it switched to hd on the cable - using a joytech digital av cable pack.. got a total of 7 plugs in the back of the telly..

-------------------------
once its properly connected will hdtv option be in bold?

KnightWolf

i've got it switched to hd on the cable - using a joytech digital av cable pack.. got a total of 7 plugs in the back of the telly..

-------------------------
once its properly connected will hdtv option be in bold?
what inputs did you use?

D

DrClaw

not sure what you means - sorry, it was a set of 3 plugs. green, blue and something. then a set of four white, red, yellow and s-video all plugged in..

nick501

Distinguished Member
take them all out except the green, red and blue which are 'component' btw. make sure the red is video red and not one of the audio reds.

Select component on the tv's menu channel which probably has a number with a letter 'C' next to it.

then you should be able to set the 360 to 720p.

when thats all done connect the red and white audio cables. (forget the rest)

see how you get on with that.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom