Blank -R/-RW/-RAM

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nunew33, May 27, 2004.

1. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is there a site that explains which ones are the best?

ie the difference between colours and the same manufacturer?

Are there "best sites" for serivice and price?

To date for CDs Ive been using www.blankdiscshop.co.uk are there better sites?

Im specifically after 9.4 Gb RAM cartridges, a load of DVD-RWs and another load of DVD-Rs. After quality as well as a bargain. Ultimately for a tosh, but need to be ok with Tosh PC DVD writer and panny PC DVD writer

2. asimmd

asimmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Have a look at Ebuyer.co.uk

3. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi nunew
    I'm in a similar position just now. Wanting to buy a new supply of-r dvd's for my Toshiba and also for pc use as well. Until now i've used Datawrite yellows which work great but are not as cheap as some i've found recently on E-buyer. Problem is if the cheaper Infiniti disks (50 for £17) are naff it's not worth the saving and i don't know anyone who's any experience with these disks.

Panic

4. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
  5. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I normally pick all my DVD's + and - from CD-R Media.co.uk, all the DVD's I have ordered from them arrive within a couple of days of ordering

6. RBJTech

RBJTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    From personal experience (I have burned 100's of DVD-R's..) the best 'dye' manufacturer from 'unbranded disks' is RITEK - now called G04 for 4x disks but G05 is now out for 8x disks, G03 is also fine for older 1x disks which you can pick up for 40p ish each now. Examples of these are TRAXDATA, DATAWRITE (branded as Ritek Dye). I have had bad experiences with 'PRINCO' and 'CMC' dye - they are unreliable and not worth the extra hassle for the sake of 5p a disk cheaper. Same with -RW disks - Princo burn OK, then after a verify they come up with errors, NEVER had a bad burn, be it on PC DVD Rom or my Panasonic recorder. Of the 'branded' disks, then Verbatim or TDK (but watch TDK watch these as there are a lot of fakes around)... Unfortunately, I have not seen any RITEK based DVD-RAM disks only PRINCO so I guess you takes your chance here ..

good suppliers - bigpockets.co.uk, svp and cd-rmedia - as mentioned in this thread ...

Hope this helps ...

7. marky_h

marky_h

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Agree with Teerex. I only use Ritek discs on my HS2, and have never had a problem. Out of interest, are there still G03 discs available anywhere? They seem to be getting scarcer.