1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blank dvd on pc

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by stegalv, Jul 26, 2005.

1. stegalv

stegalv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    i have recorded some old vhs camcorder tapes onto dvd in my toshiba hdd/dvd recorder with the intension of editing them in my pc,(i hav'nt any hardware anymore to put it directly into the pc).
    Now for the problem,what file format does the tosh record in? as the disc is showing blank on the pc,it plays back on my tv so i know its recorded ok.

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wil depend on capabilities of your drive, you can record a vide formatted disc or a data disc, video will be .VON, data .MP2, best option is to capture straight to PC though AV/DV conversion or AV USB2 adaptor

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    A lot of PC drives cannot handle an unfinalised DVD-RW

4. stegalv

stegalv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    thanks roy/martin. i used to edit a lot about 8 years ago using miro dc 30 capture card and svhs editing decks but i have lost touch with whats now available.
    All the good editing cards used to be expensive and hard to get running,is it still the same?
    I have seen things like the dazzle which uses usb2 to capture analogue but do they work? what is the cheapest option to capture analogue video and sound together so that there is no lip sync problems which works?

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Analogue capture cards were very expensive in the past, but now you can get a USB2.0 device for around £30 - but you do get what you pay for. These offer fairly low quality and are known for lip sync errors.
    Canopus (among others) do a range of very good quality analogue to DV converters that cost from about £150 up, depending on the model. They also do one that is a PCI card, so no firewire connection required.
    Both the ADVC card/converters from Canopus etc or the USB2.0 devices are plug and play and therefore very easy to get going! Oh how things have changed for the better :thumbsup:

Mark.