• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blank canvas, 2-3 sets of speakers to order - Help!

RossDublin

Standard Member
Hi Everyone,

I currently have the builders in doing an extension to a house I recently purcahsed.

The basic extension is a large open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area. The downstairs floor plan can be seen here so you can get an idea of how it should look (fingers crossed).

The main lounge is to going to be home to my 5.1 cinema setup. I am running network cables across my house so intend to use a Mac Mini to stream audio and music from a central server. In addition, I will watch some DVD's and play some PS3 from here.

I plan on powering everything with something like the Sony da5200es amp if my budget will stretch. This amp will allow me control another couple of sets of speakers I believe (is this correct?).

I want to use inwall speakers for my fronts and middle, do you have recommendations for any mid range speakers? I am not overly fussy about my audio setup (this is all new to me) but I plan on having this system in place for some time so do not want something that is not of good quality. Should my back speakers be indentical to the fronts? Finally, what about the sub?

As I say, I don't want to go over the top but I do want something that is good quality.

My plan is use in-ceiling speakers to give sound to the kitchen area and dinning area for parties or just if I want some music as I cook. The width of the entire extension is about 10 meters.

Would you recommend I use two sets of in-ceiling speakers (one over each of the dinning area and kitchen) or that I use a single set? Either way, do you have any recommendations of how these should be positioned in the room? Any suggested models would also be apprecaited.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,

Ross

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom