Blake's 7 to return?

I think a run away screaming would be my choice. And that's just the original, let alone the remake.

Regards

Mark

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7364663.stm

Looks like Sky are involved in bringing the series back to our screens.

Not sure which i'd prefer - a re-imagining (like Battlestar Galactica) or a continuation (like Dr Who)?

Would have liked a follow on much sooner where somthing like Avon had been put on a machine and they had been trying to get info out of him and what had happend in the last episode was a illusion trying to get info out of him, but the cast is too old now.
For a continuation how they going to have a Blake if not somthing like the above and they have to have Blake as a co-ordinator if using Gareth again.

Just hope if the cancel the series the have some form of conclusion and a better one than the original series.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Their version of The Prisoner never happened. At one point they said they had Christopher Eccleston as no.6. He said he knew nothing about it.

All the best
Bri

They did do a remake of The Professionals a few years back, and look how good that turned out :devil::rotfl:

They did do a remake of The Professionals a few years back, and look how good that turned out :devil::rotfl:

There's an Equalizer thread running here. I thought Edward Woodward would make the perfect CI3 boss. I didn't bargin on how bad everything else would be including the script. Even Woodward needed something to work with.

Cheers
Bri

Another very bad idea imho,leave the classics(no comments please:D)alone and think of summit original:thumbsdow

Another very bad idea imho,leave the classics(no comments please:D)alone and think of summit original:thumbsdow

Battlestar? Original, ok in it's day. Brilliant now.:thumbsup:

Dr Who? Original brilliant in it's day. Brilliant now.:thumbsup:

Blake's Seven? Anyone thought about The Tomorrow People?:D

:devil:
Bri

Well,what can i say,i've never seen an episode of the new BG,just never caught my attention:eek:

Well,what can i say,i've never seen an episode of the new BG,just never caught my attention:eek:

:eek:

you dont know what your missing!

I don't know what you're into but the new BSG blows the original away. Very well written, acted and produced. It's few low moments are usually far better than the original.:smashin:

All the best
Bri

The only sci-fi that gets my atention at the moment is SG1 and it's spin offs:smashin:

The only sci-fi that gets my atention at the moment is SG1 and it's spin offs:smashin:

As much of a massive fan i am of SG1 i have to say BSG is better plot wise. it constantly keeps you guessing and you never know who to trust

As much of a massive fan i am of SG1 i have to say BSG is better plot wise. it constantly keeps you guessing and you never know who to trust

Not a great fan of Stargate other than the film. Just noticed you're from Cardiff. You've got to be into Dr Who.

Cheers
Bri

Not a great fan of Stargate other than the film. Just noticed you're from Cardiff. You've got to be into Dr Who.

Cheers
Bri

i watch the occasional episode not a huge fan. i did mention in another thread that my old man sometimes works on the show, hes trying to get me a visit to the tardis set would would be fun!

i watch the occasional episode not a huge fan. i did mention in another thread that my old man sometimes works on the show, hes trying to get me a visit to the tardis set would would be fun!

Ahh I forgot that was you. You begger and you're no where near as a big a fan as I am.:D

Very jealous
Bri

I loved the original series, even have them on dvd.

If Sky do commision a rermake, I doubt it will either follow on or have any of the original cast (except perhaps in a guest role, like Richard Hatch in the new BSG)

The original was far more character based, than anything else (budget I'd imagine) which makes it one of my favs then & now.

If they did bring it back, how would it stand out with everything that's currently out?.

It would need to offer something new, Blakes 7 certainly influenced many series that came later.

I actually hope that it never happens, leave the original alone !

It sounds like a great plan if Sky One can Secure enough financial partners to make the series work. I should add that I've never seen Blake's 7 so I don't have any memories to ruin. However in my book I think we need more sci-fi series set in Space and since nobody is willing to risk making completely new shows, a remake has to be better than nothing.

I have two words Flash Gordon.

Now do you want a remake.

I haven't seen many Blake's 7, too young, and when I watched the saturday morning repeats they stopped them after about 15 episodes.

BSG is very good, I think it has gone down hill lately, but still very good.

Stargate is brilliant, suffered a decrease in quality when they defeated the Gauld.

I have really got into Atlantis, it tends to amble along a bit, but when they come up with a good story it is golden. I really like Rodneys character, reminds me of me, and so much different from the character in SG1. My mum like Ronan.

I can't believe that 99% of the time they don't go to Mongo, and I can count the number of minutes Ming is on screen with 1 finger.
Did you watch the whole (remake) series? I did, and they went there every episode, and most of the second half of the season they were there for most of each episode, and Ming was on a lot. Not saying it was a great show though ;). Did get better towards the end.

I presume you are being sarcastic?

Blake wasn't in Blake's 7 after about the first series and it was (slightly) better for it!

And I'm sure the crew seldom numbered 7 for most of episodes either! Other than that it was a great title for the series...:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom