Blair Witch Project

Garrett

Reaction score
Just thought I remind you The Blair Witch Project on CH4 tonight at 22.00
I have not seen it but from all accounts it is scary, but on the whole rubbish.

BWP, is the worst film I have ever seen--by far! And boy have I sat through some dross..... Scary? Have seen worse on kids TV !

Yummy Fur

Approach the film with an open mind and you will probably enjoy it. I did.

I agree about appoaching this film with an open mind. Myself, I found it a bit annoying (shaky camerawork and loud americans :p ), but it got better at the end. However, other people I know were really affected by it. I saw it with my girlfriend (at the time) and she was really terrified by it - she could not sleep at all that night (I soon suggested something else she could do!), but she was genuinely frightened by it - it wasn't so much what was on-screen, but thinking afterwards about what had actually happened.
So you may like it or hate it, but it is worth seeing (although I am not sure the affects ad breaks will have on it! :rolleyes:

I can't belive it got ./ ./ ./ ./ in the t.v guide, i thought it was o.k first time i wached it but you soon realise wat a load of £$%& it is.

still scary and worth a watch, i know my misses will be watching it.

I certainly approached BWP with an open mind. Was genuinely looking forward to it. I watched it in the company of several of my 'viewing buddies' . There was not one person present who could find anything positive to say about this film.
Still quite agree, watch it and make your own mind up.

Yummy Fur

You would of thought after the first film, they wouldn't of made the same mistake again with Book of Shadows.:clown:

As you can probably guess, I've never bothered with the follow up, so can't comment. I just think the success of BWP is a tribute to the internet generated hype machine. If enough people are told something is scary, I'm sure quite a few of them will find it so....

Yummy Fur

Good point about the advert breaks, they will ruin the tension quite a bit I feel.

I saw BWP on DVD and thought it was quite poor, but for some reason watched it again with the directors commentary, and found that very interesting.
You get to find out how they left the three main characters to do their own thing with just a rough outline, and how that sometimes meant a little bit of intervention.

Maybe that's the only way to watch it...

This was one of the 2 films i nearly walked out of in the cinema.

The other?....Rat Race!

blimey my taste in films is coming in for quite a bashing tonight!! Personally I liked BWP, I love that 'scared of the dark' type horror.

blimey my taste in films is coming in for quite a bashing tonight!! Personally I liked BWP, I love that 'scared of the dark' type horror.
:p Have you seen Rat Race?

Originally posted by Lex
it wasn't so much what was on-screen, but thinking afterwards about what had actually happened.

I think that is the whole idea, it is a thought provoking film, this could of actually happened and the way it is filmed makes it seem very real(ish)

Originally posted by Lex
Myself, I found it a bit annoying (shaky camerawork and loud americans :p )

I thought that was what made the film good. Would you have been able to hold a camera straight and not scream loads if you were in that situation?

We all know that would never happen because it is made up, but in my opinion it adds to the whole atmosphere of the film.

I liked it alot.

It was a good concept which on the whole worked well. I've seen it about 5 times since I got the DVD when the R1 was released and still watch it about once a year. It's atmospheric and works the imagination which, with horror, is always a good thing.

I like the horror genre but it is so difficult to find any new film that makes me uneasy. The first half of Jeepers Creepers was great but then disappointed with the "creature feature" ending.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom