Blair witch 2 problem. (it sucks)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by george1138, Nov 19, 2001.

1. george1138

george1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont know if this is the right place for this but this is just to save you from wasting your time on this nonsense. I'm not mad on sequels but loved Blair witch (my kind of woman!) and couldnt resist giving this a look. The "stick man thing" is the only connection with the original film. The rest is just cliche drivel (local sheriff with bootlace tie, the good looking girls clothes keep falling off, "if it hadnt been for you we wouldnt have gotten in this mess" type arguements, a horrible things just happened- Oh no its a another scary vision) not scary in the least. The director forgot he was making a "horror" film and the test audience thought they were watching scooby doo so he re-edited it with random bloody scenes in it to make it terrifying (or not). Apparently. OK might have made that bit up but you never know! Things are explained in detail before they happen which makes it too predictable. The opposite is true of the original which is what made it so effective with no gore at all. That is what is so offensive about this movie. Completely contrived nonsense to make money off the back of a classic movie. Rant over, save your money.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,189
    Artisan, the US backers for the film, re-cut it and added the gore before it got anywhere near a test screening. Joe Berlinger was severely shafted by them, and I actually feel quite sorry for him. At a guess I'd say its poor returns at the box office proved him right, in that gore and a nonsensical structure had no place in the movie, and I think that's the only reason they let him record the commentary in his "I told you it wouldn't work" manner.
    It had potential once but Artisan really screwed it up.

Still, that's sequels for ya.
    At least the US disc has the soundtrack on the B side of the disc, which gets played a lot more than the film does.

3. adamhamilton

adamhamilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The original film was a complete waste of time also, I've seen more scary things on the Disney channel!

Didn't waste my time on the sequal.