1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade Trinity

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dynamic turtle, Dec 9, 2004.

1. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Saw this in Fulham last night. Good action flick - bit of the old hollywood cheese, but otherwise ok. Very funny in places - I was surprised by the amount of humour they've managed to inject into it.

Don't expect too much and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Make sure you leave your brain at the door ;)

DT

Worst thing about the film is the product placement - I mean fighting hoardes of vampire demons with your bare hands is one thing - but doing it whilst listening to an iPod is another. The sooner this practise ends, the better :thumbsdow

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    I enjoyed this a lot too. Yes, the product placement was just sooooo blatent!! So much so I'm just wondering if it was done as a parody to the whole product placement situation!

Very funny in places, and also quite dark. Personally, it is my fave of the 3. The production quality was top notch, a quantum leap ahead of the first two. Great fun.

This movie is not for the ones who like to pick on a lack of a story, or those who can't enjoy a good popcorn flick. If you are unable to grasp these concepts, do us all a favour and don't watch it, so we don't have to put up with your anal comments ;)

3. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Good point, actually - I wouldn't put it past them. I mean, it's just flippin' ridiculous the way she orgasmically inserts her iPod earphones :laugh:

Amen to that :smashin:

4. NapoleonGuitarSolo

NapoleonGuitarSolo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Humour - excellent, really well done and probably quite hard to carry off. I reckon that if they tried to make this film 100 times at least 90 of them would be really cheesey and not work at all. I'm working on the Grease / Grease II principle here. One a classic, the other a candidate for the worst film ever made.

I'm not sure it is a parody. I expect to see the album soundtrack at a HMV near me very soon.

5. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    yep, the soundtrack is very good. RZA's handywork I see. The new Quincy Jones? :laugh:

6. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Watched this yesterday and thought it was fandabbidozy.

Also thought that Ryan Reynolds with a beard looked alot like Jason Lee in Chasing Amy, he also had the same excellent comic timing and delivery, which is kinda :cool: .

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,368
    I’m glad it is getting good reviews from member JR gave it a very bad review on Film 2004, and I enjoyed the last 2. :smashin:

8. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
  9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,368
    I never saw the first 2 at the cinema and picked both around £6-8. practical the entrance price. :D

10. NapoleonGuitarSolo

NapoleonGuitarSolo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It is a 'check your brain out at the entrance' film but it is enjoyable in a way that Alien vs Preditor just isn't.

11. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Agreed, the story is not going to win any awards, and Dracula was a tad tamer than he could have been, but I still really enjoyed it.

I do understand where the reviews above are coming from, but you don't go into watching a movie like this for character acting dynamics, you go in expecting a roller coaster ride, a thumping soundtrack, and some great fight scenes. I personally thought Ryans one liners were well timed.

I do agree with the weakness of the other Vampires, they really were awful, and not a patch on the previous two movies villainous members.

Blade Trinity is more of the same, but in a more stylised package, and a MUCH better production.

My wife even enjoyed it, and she isn't a big fan of action movies, so it must have something going for it. Oh, and Jessica Biel, hubba hubba :D

12. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,556
    i enjoyed trinity,i;m a huge fan of the movies and think this one is the weakest of the trilogy,2 being my favorite.apparently there may be an unrated dvd ??