Blade the series on Virgin 1

red_flash

For those that missed Blade the series last year on Bravo it being shown again on Virgin 1 sometime soon. I highly recommend this series and its one that gets better and better with every episode, so don't be put off by the first couple of episodes (the pilot movie). It really does make-up for Blade Trinityimo.:thumbsup:

digriz666

Thanks for that i will keep my eyes open for it!
Really liked blade 1&2 :thumbsup:

kemp

Standard Member
On February 12, 2008, New Line Home Entertainment will release Blade: The Series – The Complete Season on DVD. The complete Blade series will cover all 13 of the episodes completely uncut over four discs. The DVDs will be "unrated" and contain new content and alternate versions of scenes from the series filmed specially for the DVD, including examples of full-frontal nudity and harsher language.

red_flash

On February 12, 2008, New Line Home Entertainment will release Blade: The Series – The Complete Season on DVD. The complete Blade series will cover all 13 of the episodes completely uncut over four discs. The DVDs will be "unrated" and contain new content and alternate versions of scenes from the series filmed specially for the DVD, including examples of full-frontal nudity and harsher language.

cool news thanks:thumbsup:

Starburst

Distinguished Member
If they released a HD version I would probably buy it since it was an enjoyable series and didn't leave too much of a bad taste when it was cancelled.

kemp

Standard Member
I really hope for the DVD sales to go well and the series be back for a 2nd season.
It was the best tv show. Spike tv made a dumb move by not putting it on no more. I liked the movies too.

BRING BLADE BACK PLEASE ON TV:)

red_flash

I really hope for the DVD sales to go well and the series be back for a 2nd season.
It was the best tv show. Spike tv made a dumb move by not putting it on no more. I liked the movies too.

BRING BLADE BACK PLEASE ON TV:)

I agree with your sentiment and would love to see a second-season as the show deserves but I can't see it happening. I think like firefly its reputation is going to be spread slowly by word of mouth but too slowly to do any good.

I'm just grateful that Blade ended on such a high note after the travesty of Trinity.

They really should have released this a year earlier to give the show a chance

sco101

Is virgin 1 on freeview the same channel on virgin media or do they show different programs?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Is virgin 1 on freeview the same channel on virgin media or do they show different programs?

It's the same channel on Freeview, VM and SKY.
The broadcast times vary though due to bandwidth constraints on DTT.

dr_mabuse

..... including examples of full-frontal nudity and harsher language.

:thumbsup::D:clap:

Can't remember her name but the female lead (Jill?) is just SMOKIN'. Fingers crossed she's one of the new scenes :devil:

She was in Stargate Atlantis earlier this season dressed in tight leather outfit and she was ball-achingly hot in that as well!! (Damn that Shepherd for snogging her - grrrr :mad:)

Agree with previous posts - Blade series was WAY better than Trinity and didn't deserve to disappear after only one season.

dr_m

red_flash

:thumbsup::D:clap:

Can't remember her name but the female lead (Jill?) is just SMOKIN'. Fingers crossed she's one of the new scenes :devil:

She was in Stargate Atlantis earlier this season dressed in tight leather outfit and she was ball-achingly hot in that as well!! (Damn that Shepherd for snogging her - grrrr :mad:)

dr_m

Her appearance in Stargate Atlantis only made me miss Blade even more and it's better writing and storytelling standards. :(

...including examples of full-frontal nudity and harsher language

plus more blood & gore too.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
So was that the final of blade last week?

The Mrs wanted to watch the movie (original one) and i think the series sort of cherry picked elements from the film, but never really grabbed the calmer struggles Blade seemed to be going thru. I think the series improved near the end, so was happily surprised overall. I take it didnt get a second series, so thats it - left on a cliff-hanger till the end of time...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom