1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade Runner

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by eatstatic, May 7, 2003.

1. eatstatic

eatstatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I seem to have waiting for the new version of this film to be released for what seems like a life time.

I know the version of this is due but I haven't heard anything about it recently.

Does anyone know of a release date or even any 'actual' disc details?:confused:

2. jammy

jammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to someone who had details of a Warner Bros meeting, legal wrangles mean the 3 disc version will be released some time close to the actual time the film is set. I'm strongly considering the rubbish version that's out there at the moment. Even better I'm going to buy the video version of the theatrical release. (if I can find it).

3. Quinnsey

Quinnsey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The version currently out is okay if you can get it cheap. The image is a little grainy, which can be expected for a film of this age, but it's anamorphic and acceptable enough.
    Jammy, I considered doing this myself but I think all videos of the Original Theatrical Version are pan & scan :(

4. jammy

jammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are Quinnsey, but you know the thing I liked about the film in the first place? It was like an old fashioned Raymond Chandler cop story, but set in the future with this great voice over. So though the Directors Cut does clarify things, I miss the voice over. Apparently they are going to put that version on this legendary 3 disk version that currently only lives in Ridlet Scotts head.

5. Quinnsey

Quinnsey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked the noir feeling too, kinda missed that on DC :)

6. KoboK

KoboK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, i've been waiting for ages for a new version.

**** it then, i'll just buy the current version.

7. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    It's a pity the current version (all regions) is such a poor transfer, I really want a new one!

8. DirkGently

DirkGently
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will we ever see this DVD (perhaps they are waiting for the 25/30/50/100 (delete as appropriate) year anniversary edition. ;)
    Although I have bought the 'cheap' DC, and the the original theatrical release is the only video I have left and will not get rid of until an alternative is available.

9. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Dont buy the current one, it awful on anything over the size of a portable. i know i have it, i wanted to wtch it last week, i turned it off after about 15 minutes as it was making me cry.

Gary

10. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you'll guess from my log-in, I'm a big fan of the film. The current transfer is grainy and is in stereo/pro-logic only - no 5.1 sound :thumbsdow . Still, it's better than my VHS copies of the original release and director's cut.

As mentioned above, Warner Bros. fully intend to release the new version but there are some legal problems to be dealt with, don't know what they are though.....

11. eatstatic

eatstatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Pretty much just as I thought then.:thumbsdow
    The three disc version with the e.t.a of early 2003 is nowhere to be seen!:rolleyes:
    Agree with jammy though, the directors cut is o.k but I prefer the theatrical release with the voice over. I still won't be buying the current release and will be sticking with my origional video version until a respectable dvd for this film comes out.

Hope this is sooner rather than later.