1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade Runner whats going on

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by IanScovell, Apr 28, 2001.

1. IanScovell

IanScovell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey dudes gimme sum skin..........

I realy like blade runner but why are there no extras or anything available on any discs anywhere.

I would like to see the following

2 disc set (ie like a fox release or something) with original theatrical (with voice over) and directors cut.
    plus running commentary.

disc 2 deleted scenes (and we all know there area couple) interviews and a gallery and maybe a bit if rom content.

Oh and a cookie to allow an extended special edition with the deleted scenes put back in.

what do you think????

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Ian,

I agree with you wholeheartedly... however, this is Warner Bros we're talking about here! They're to DVD, what Aldi is to Supermarkets, so don't expect anything special soon!

Pooch

3. mysteriousjimmy

mysteriousjimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the Bladerunner SEDC is down for next year...

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hmmmmm...beans for 3p a can :D

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

It will be a new and final cut of the movie (it's meant to clear up a few plot holes as well, inc. the missing 6th replicant)

6. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +846
    When discussing Hannibal in an interview, I read some gumph from Ridley on this. All the extras including the commentary are in the bag and the disc would be ready to go out tomorrow were it not for the fact that Warners want it to tie in with the 20th anniversary next year, so that's when we'll be getting it.

Also, an insider (who's usually quite reliable) mentioned a 2 disc set with all 3 versions of the film (theatrical, dir cut, and new version) on one disc seamlessly branching accordingly. Don't take it as gospel though. It's maybe going to include all the extreme violence that was available for a time but then got cut out before it hit video shelves. The violent stuff is still around somewhere on an LD release which I think may have been European in origin.