Blade Runner: The Final Cut (Warner Premium Collection) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

jammyone

Distinguished Member
Must have been listed pretty recent as can't see any posts on here.

Link: Blade Runner: Special Edition: Steelbook (2012): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

Guessing it's to tie in with the 30th anniversary 4 disc edition. SB is due out on 12th November.

Also on Amazon for £17 too, link: Blade Runner: The Final Cut - Premium Collection Steelbook Blu-ray + UV Copy Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: Harrison Ford, Sean Young, Rutger Hauer: Film & TV
It's part of The Warner Premium range as posted already

lee667

Am I the only getting annoyed to see a steelbook release then finding out that there's another Collector's Edition available that will likely include more discs? I ordered this steelbook even though I have the UK Final Cut and the U.S. 5 BD/DVD set but then I found out that there's a 4-disc Collector's Edition coming out with a model spinner and artbook. The steelbook will likely just be a single disc. I want both but wish that the Collector's Edition had included the steelbook as well (aren't steelbooks supposed to be collectible?). :(

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Am I the only getting annoyed to see a steelbook release then finding out that there's another Collector's Edition available that will likely include more discs? I ordered this steelbook even though I have the UK Final Cut and the U.S. 5 BD/DVD set but then I found out that there's a 4-disc Collector's Edition coming out with a model spinner and artbook. The steelbook will likely just be a single disc. I want both but wish that the Collector's Edition had included the steelbook as well (aren't steelbooks supposed to be collectible?). :(
I've pre-ordered this and the Collectors Set. Ive got the briefcase already of course. I did sell my 5-disc US amaray a while back which paid for the briefcase though! Its Blade Runner so for me its like Jaws is to Mr Quint! (but maybe not so extreme...;))

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Doctor Hades said:
Gone are the days, when getting a STEELBOOK was getting a collectible. Everything gets a STEELBOOK now.

lee667

Gone are the days, when getting a STEELBOOK was getting a collectible. Everything gets a STEELBOOK now.

have to agree, they seem to be getting more and more common

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
the worse thing about this release as well as the comments above is, its more expensive than the recent play waves, its a single disc so not even dangerous days doc, and its being released right on top of a new collectors edition, not to mention that it is available everywhere so its not even an exclusive steelbook.

all of the above adds up to cash-in..the cover is so so aswell...im gonna pass on this and go for the collectors edition instead.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Im getting this anyway but in what way is it a special edition exactly? Theres not much special about it is there really?!

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Im getting this anyway but in what way is it a special edition exactly? Theres not much special about it is there really?!
there could have at least made the steelbook like the final cut amaray release and include dangerous days doc aswell!

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
there could have at least made the steelbook like the final cut amaray release and include dangerous days doc aswell!
Yeah. I dont need the extra disc of course but they should have included it. How is it special exactly? Id cancel it but I cant because...its Blade Runner! :D:blush:

MarkusThatch

Is the transfer for this actually any different to say the existing US 5 disc set?

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Is the transfer for this actually any different to say the existing US 5 disc set?
I bet it isnt. There are no signs that the Final Cut will be any different whatsoever.

Gooble Gobble

I'm not a fan of this series, don't like the white tone artwork on the steelbooks for all these films.

MarkusThatch

I bet it isnt. There are no signs that the Final Cut will be any different whatsoever.
So is the forthcoming anniversary edition not a new transfer? And is this steel not the anniversary edition?

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
So is the forthcoming anniversary edition not a new transfer? And is this steel not the anniversary edition?
The steelbook is just the Final Cut disc id imagine. The 30th anniversary edition is something different altogether, all 5 cuts and lots of tat (tat I like btw!) :)

kron

I actually don't mind the artwork for this one and since I don't already own it, I may grab it if they reduce the price after release.
Amazon describe these as 'Premium Collection Steelbooks' I am intrigued to know what is going to set them apart from other Warner releases enough to call them 'Premium'?

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Amazon describe these as 'Premium Collection Steelbooks' I am intrigued to know what is going to set them apart from other Warner releases enough to call them 'Premium'?
I think the artwork is stolen from their Premium Collection Digibooks, so they just used the name aswell. I don't think there's anything premium about these releases over the regular amaray versions.

kron

Yeah I think my orders for these are going to cancelled untill some more info comes to light or real pics are released.
They're retail wide anyway so not really any need to pre-order.

MarkusThatch

The steelbook is just the Final Cut disc id imagine. The 30th anniversary edition is something different altogether, all 5 cuts and lots of tat (tat I like btw!) :)
All 5 cuts remastered or just one of them? Sorry to ask silly questions!:blush:

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Really like the white finish

drkj3di

I was going to get this steelie as it looks nice, but 1 disc vs the 3 disc digibook from the US? No contest this time sadly... If they'd put all cuts etc. in I'd have gone for this but there we go...

malky78

I think the studio say Premium = Steelbook case, though the reality is premium = price.

The digibook isn't the full thing either, the 5 disc version that came out a few years back has even more content. I've still not watched the work print version.

Blade Runner is all time no 1 file (I know I'm not alone in that) but they are really milking now. You never know it may just fund the making of Blade Runner 2

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Latest News

McIntosh and Sonus faber unite under Fine Sounds Distribution in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL launches 4349 Studio Monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display next generation OLEDs showcased at SID 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published